What is this Music My daughter Jess asked me to post this. 'Can you post this and ask someone to identify the two pieces of music? The first piece is well-known and used in many past Oscar memoriam tributes. I just have to know because I always loved it but donít know what it is. I think the second piece from the montage is from the Shawshank Redemption.' BTW, This is a Memoriam clip from the SAG Awards.
Tags: screen  actors  guild  memoriam  music
Added: 8th August 2008
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Kbug on 2008-08-08
I wish I knew. I tried to find it online but couldn't find any information on it. Hopefully someone can answer this for you. Those memorials always make me tear up and I also find out people have passed that I didn't know about. :(
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-08-08
I can't identify them either. Sorry!

However, I have to get this off my chest because this always bothers me whenever I see a necrology montage on one of these award shows: I wish they would instruct the audience not to applaud--or at least to hold their applause until the very end. It's a little bit on the insulting side to have some dead person applauded louder than another. When there's applause for one dead star followed by absolute silence for another, it's as if the second person doesn't deserve any recognition.

But maybe it's just me. Am I the only person who feels this way?
Posted by: Kbug on 2008-08-08
You're not alone in that feeling Lava. I find it pretty rude too.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-08-08
The correct way would be to wait until it ends and then applaud for everyone.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-19
The first one is from the movie, Legends in the Fall. I think it is the theme of the movie. And, the second one is from the movie, Brokeback Moutain or Shawshank Redemption. Also understand that I sometimes can be terribly wronghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIcP9BCbPfw

My first post so everything will probably go wrong with the link.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-19

My first post so everything will probably go wrong with the link.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-19