On The Street Where You Live This is one of a half dozen terrific numbers that made My Fair Lady one of the greatest musicals ever. From the 1964 movie version, Jeremy Brett performs On The Street Where You Live. (Okay, somebody named Bill Shirley is actually doing the singing, but it's Jeremy Brett you see.)
Tags: My  Fair  Lady  On  The  Street  Where  You  Live
Added: 29th June 2008
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-06-29
It sure beats the heck out of rap music, doesn't it?
Posted by: Freckles on 2008-06-29
Never ever will we see such elegance!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-06-29
Agreed, Freckles. (If Hollywood actually returned to making films like this, I might actually go to the movies every once in a while.)
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-06-29
My grandmother loved musicals and would always take me along with her when she went to one. We saw this on stage in Miami Beach, it was so beautiful, the music the costumes, just everything was amazing to a child. Later on I took my parents to Fiddler on the Roof and The King and I onstage, with Yul Brynner. I must admit, that was the highlight of my life!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-06-29
The first time I saw My Fair Lady was about 20 years ago at our local community theatre. I was so mesmerized I bought tickets for the next two performances. I can only imagine what it must have been like to have seen the original Broadway cast of Julie Andrews and Rex Harrison.
Posted by: Mr.Nostalgia on 2008-08-31

Mr.Harrison hated singing in the Broadway

Stage production ofMy Fair Lady!..he had only

done rehersals with a stage pianist and not a

full orchastra.

He felt very uncomfortable and even though

he spoke his words in time to the music.

He wanted to walk off the show..the producers

and director Moss Hart warned himRex! If you

try to unoffically quit this show..we'll not only

sue you for everything you've got for breach of

contract..but we'll make damn well sure that

You'll never work again!.

That kept him in line and he never tried to

walk off the show again or even to complain

again.