1955 Univac Computer Ad Tell your kids that computers were once so large they use to fill entire rooms and they won't believe you. Show them this 1955 Univac ad to prove it.
Tags: Univac  computer  ad
Added: 1st May 2008
Posted by: Steve on 2008-05-02
Hey, this is the computer that runs this site! Hey, its a reminiscing site after all!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2008-05-02
I remember those cards the old computers used. With the holes punched in them,kinda like those voting cards in the last election. Remember Florida? Chads Lol!
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-05-02
What a disaster that election was....believe it or not, most Floridians really aren't morons!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2008-05-02
I know that Naomi! My oldest Bro lives in Vero Beach! He's not a Florida cracker eithier. He's lived there over 42 years, has the accent now haha. Love ya The chads was all talking about. Politics I hate! What choice do we have AArgh!!!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2008-05-02
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-05-03
I took a computer course in high school in 1980. There were no personal computers then--just a large machine like the one in this ad. We had to program what the computer was supposed to do by filling out those infernal bubble cards. The cards were couriered to another high school in a neighboring city that had one of these enormous computers. I recall it took at least a dozen cards to get the computer to do a simple adding calculation.