White Christmas Bing Crosby The classic of all classics...the most popular song ever recorded...White Christmas by Bing Crosby, as sung in the movie Holiday Inn (1942). Consider this my Christmas card to all my cyber friends.
Tags: White  Christmas  Bing  Crosby
Added: 19th November 2007
Posted by: Lambchop on 2007-11-19
lovely!
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-11-19
Oops, can't watch this yet, if I'm going to have a good cry I'd better wait until Christmas. ...memories of mom and dad, grandparents, milk and cookies on a tray by the tree, and waiting for Santa on a cold and snowy Christmas eve from a second story window in Brooklyn.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-19
I hear you, Sophia. For some reason this song gets to me too. I don't really know why. (I heard my first Christmastime song yesterday and I wanted to be the first to post this wonderful, timeless classic.)
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2007-11-19
What a Classic What a Voice They have a radio station here that plays Christmas music day after Halloween For real I think a tad early Good Post Thanks Lava
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-21
Who was the Scrooge who didn't give this a five-star rating?
Posted by: Freckles on 2007-11-21
Great classic! I gave it five stars Lava, just vote often and it should go back!
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-11-21
me too Lava!! just voted 2 times!! this song warms my soul!
Posted by: Waynejr on 2007-11-23
Wonderful movie and a timeless Christmas song to go with it. I feel a bit sad for the young folks today who can't seem to relate to Christmas songs like the ones we had like this one.I have the movie on DVD.
Posted by: Old Fart on 2007-11-23
You got that right Wayne! A lot of the 'classics' we took for granted aren't being shown anymore!
Posted by: Babs64 on 2007-11-23
Christmas just wouldn't be the same without hearing Bing Crosby sing White Christmas at least once. Another reason this film is so special to me is that Danny Kaye was one of my childhood idols, he has the most beautiful singing voice and was the kindest, gentlest man who ever graced the screen.
Posted by: Mia_bambina on 2009-12-14
I Heart SANTA!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-12-14
Apart from being a great song--which it certainly is--White Christmas was especially popular with the troops serving in the Pacific Theater during the Second World War.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2012-12-22
You can't beat a classic like this...

There's a radio station in my neck of the woods that plays Christmas music 24/7 starting on December 1 through Christmas Day. For a couple of hours each day they take requests. This one never fails to get requested--and the callers always insist on the Bing Crosby version.