The Second Hundred Years - Sitcom Flop The 1960s were famous for producing far-fetched sitcoms. Here is another that aired briefly on ABC: The Second Hundred Years. Starring Monte Markham and Arthur O'Connell, its crazy plot had O'Connell playing Edwin Carpenter, a man whose gold-prospecting father (Luke) was swept by an avalanche into an Alaskan glacier in 1900. Another avalanche 67 years later conveniently exposed Luke's frozen carcass. Miraculously he was revived--without having aged in the intervening years! Thus Luke now physically resembled his 33-year-old grandson, Ken. (Luke and Ken were played by the same actor, of course, Monte Markham.) Furthermore, for national security reasons, the general public was not allowed to know about this remarkable incident. The show's plots frequently focused on Ken and Luke being able to take the other's place in social situations, and in the culture shock Luke experienced in suddenly going from 1900 to 1967. (In one episode Luke saw a go-go dancer in a cage, thought she was being held against her will, and "rescued" her.) The Second Hundred Years premiered on September 3, 1967 to fairly strong ratings, but it was universally panned by TV critics. Within a very short time it dropped into the bottom 25 network shows and was cancelled after 26 episodes. Here is a promotional clip that aired on ABC just before its premier.
Tags: Monte  Markham  The  Second  Hundred  Years  sitcom  Arthur  O
Added: 5th April 2018
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2018-04-05
I like to think I know 1960s sitcoms well. I had never heard of this one until I discovered it by accident. I was researching a 1927 silent comedy, also called The Second Hundred Years, starring Laurel and Hardy when I came across information for this short-lived sitcom.
Posted by: JessicaDonald on 2020-09-15
This is a wonderful and amazing video. Things regarding sitcom has been elaborated over here. You remember that has shared an amazing page with us which best research paper writing services provides unique task. Things that were in back times are elaborated and discussed over here.
Posted by: Lizbee on 2020-10-14
this is soo awesome! glad i found this site! Mary
Posted by: Lizbee on 2020-12-03
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank God I found this site! Thanks for sharing this https://laserhairremovalsantacruz.com/
Posted by: Yeoyeo on 2020-12-19
Can you tell me a little more, please? respite care
Posted by: Ellawillum334 on 2020-12-24

Duke and Lord Publishers is a UK-based publishing house offering the https://www.dukeandlordpublishers.com/about-us in Medical Sciences, Business Finance, and Management Sciences. Our https://www.dukeandlordpublishers.com/ dynasty will help you to express your research paper in a format and a structure that can attract the evaluators. Duke Lord Publishers follow the global standards to maintain the high quality in research formats.
Posted by: Havi on 2021-01-21
Post is so nice! tattooremovalknoxvilletn.com/
Posted by: Havi on 2021-01-24
Looking for closets?http://customclosetsdesignbatonrouge.com
Posted by: Havi on 2021-01-28
amazing post! baton rouge custom closets
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
Good to become visiting your weblog again, it has been months for me. Nicely this article that i've been waited for so long. I will need this post to total my assignment in the college, and it has exact same topic together with your write-up. Thanks, good share. Ramen en deuren
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged Ramen en deuren Leuven
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped Ramen deuren Leuven
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job PVC ramen Leuven
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. Ramen Leuven
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! Ramen deuren
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Vakantiehuis Limburg
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up! Aluminium ramen Leuven
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-18
They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. Ramen Leuven
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-04-29
I must admit that your post is really interesting. I have spent a lot of my spare time reading your content. Thank you a lot! RELX
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
This website is remarkable information and facts it's really excellent how to become a payment processor
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. is selling merchant services a good job
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. how to become a merchant account provider
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! how to become credit card processor
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
Personally I think overjoyed I discovered the blogs. North American Bancard Agent Program
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
I think it could be more general if you get a football sports activity small Roll toilet paper
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
Posted by: Seomind on 2021-05-01
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! Pulping equipment spare parts
Posted by: RhysAlexander on 2021-09-21
MCA Leads Data provide sales for their company. Yet the subject we perpetually listen to is What are the best qualified MCA Leads Data? and that is the most probable trials everyone's determination eventually.
Posted by: Idasanka on 2021-11-07
Awesome services. Arrived early and worked non-stop. Thank you https://newbornphotographyalbuquerquenm.com
Posted by: Idasanka on 2021-11-07
Very helpful and good value as well. Will definitely use them again https://newbornphotographydenver.com
Posted by: Idasanka on 2021-11-07
Cant wait to find this love, soo great! https://newbornphotographyboise.com
Posted by: Looney on 2021-12-02
I really loved it here but are there any recent updates? Thanks blasting
Posted by: Killersmile on 2021-12-02
interesting post! thanks admin! dentist