GI Joe Nurse Doll One of the most spectacular failures in toy history was the G.I. Joe Nurse figure. In 1967 Hasbro expanded its line of successful G.I. Joe toys. One was the G.I. Nurse Action Girl, a doll so rare that certain models in mint condition still in the box can bring up to $6,000 on todayís collectorsí market. 'The G.I. Joe Nurse is so valuable today because it was released for only one year,' says Sharon Korbeck, editorial director of Toy Shop, a biweekly magazine aimed at toy collectors. 'The figure didnít do very well. Boys werenít interested in a female doll, and girls werenít interested in anything related to G.I. Joe.' Sales also suffered because toy store managers didnít know how to position the doll. Some put her with the G.I. Joe action figures, while others stocked her next to Barbie and her friends. Either way, 50 percent of the prospective market was lost. There are actually two G.I. Joe Nurse figures: one has a dark-colored bag. The other has a white bag. An example of the rarer white-bag doll was highlighted on a season-four episode of Pawn Stars.
Tags: GI  Joe  nurse
Added: 28th May 2011
Posted by: Old Fart on 2011-05-28
I thought of that Pawn Star episode the minute I saw this post.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2011-05-28
Hate to correct you guys but Mattel made the Barbie dolls. Not Hasbro.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2011-05-28
Corrections are always welcome, Eric.
Posted by: AngoraSox on 2011-06-25
That doll is terrific! I never heard of her. Just goes to show the power of marketing.
Posted by: PeterNorman on 2019-02-27
The vast majority of the people in pursuit for the G.I. Joe Nurse are in-your-face G.I. Joe authorities who need the doll to finish their collections. There additionally a subset of G.I. Joe gatherers who are into making point by point dioramas with http://www.essayempire.co.uk/custom-essay-writing-service their figures.
Posted by: Oram on 2019-07-30
Can I get this radio for a cheaper price than that? This is too much, in my opinion. My mates who are best paper writers agree with me on this, as well. We want to see some more cheap products here.
Posted by: Deannawilliam on 2019-10-10
Many investments pay better returns than the cost of borrowing against your home. However, investments that pay higher than 4 unit apartment for sale in los angeles mortgage interest rates are typically riskier than fixed or guaranteed income products.
Posted by: Angelinajolie on 2019-12-10
The idea of a person for the creation of the doll for men has become the G.I. Joe. The idea of the doll best electric cars 2020 worked anyway, the dolls have become very famous. But the GI Joe Nurse Doll is a very big failure to those dolls.
Posted by: Freyacollins on 2020-01-15
No one likes writing the 3000 words essay because it is time-consuming and you have to put a lot of efforts to write it. It is difficult to choose a good topic, and you will have still to edit and proofread it to make it perfect.
Posted by: Markcooper on 2020-05-20
If you want to get these dolls for your children then I would suggest you to check out the baby sale. You will be able to find a range of products in the sale so that is good.
Posted by: RichardRogan on 2020-10-13
Nice you have the rare G.I.Joe nurse from 1967 with the white bag and not the green bag. Great GIjOE collection. Outstanding!Masonry Rocklin
Posted by: Milanjoy on 2020-12-03
It was really interesting to see the story behind this GI Joe Nurse doll shared here. The development Vegan Dinner Recipes of this toy was one of the most spectacular failures in toy history. The details about the toy was mentioned here and it was really informative. Looking here for more details.
Posted by: Alexseed on 2020-12-28
I visited a cool and informative site. I'm very glad to see you. I have great information for you. I use plagiarism search https://plagiarismsearch.com/ often. This helps me to quickly check my articles for plagiarism. I'm so glad I showed you this.