During a time when teenagers were doing the jitterbug and Uncle Sam was asking young men to enlist, The Andrews Sisters were America’s most popular female singing group. Patty, the youngest sister, was a loud and energetic blond who headed the group with her confident vocals. The middle sister was Maxene, a brunette, whose harmonic range gave the impression of four voices instead of three. Finally, completing the trio was the eldest, LaVerne, a strong willed red head with a witty sense of humor and an eye for fashion.
· Earned nine gold records
· Recorded over 700 songs
· First all-female group to have a record go platinum
· Sold over 90 million records
· One of the first vocal groups inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame
· Over 100 songs on top 30 Billboard charts
· 46 songs reach the top 10 on the Billboard charts
· Some hits include: “Beer Barrel Polka” (Roll out the Barrel), “Bei Mir Bist Du Schon” (means that you’re grand), “Don’t Fence Me In” and “Winter Wonderland”
Added: 5th October 2007
Posted By: Teresa
Duke and Lord Publishers are a Research Publishing in UK-based publishing house offering Academic Publisher, Research Publishing Services in Medical Sciences, Business Finance, and Management Sciences.
Academic Publisher With our global presence, we are committed to providing authenticity and promptness in open access diffusion of research. Our competent and diverse editorial board, transparent peer-review process and COPE compliant practices ensure that your research Publishers are timely indexed, archived, and disseminated.
Research Publishing Services Our best research publishing services in the UK deliver competence to authors through our provided resources, making their research publishable and widely access
Add A Comment
Sorry, guests can't post comments!