Name This former TV Actor He's not a name that will pop into your head so easily, but he was one of the stars of a 1960's TV show that was based on both a film and book.
Tags: Chris  Connelly  Peyton  Place
Added: 15th February 2010
Views: 1959
Posted By: nanook
Posted by: Cliffy on 2010-02-15
This sounds so similar to Mr. Blue by the Fleetwoods.
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-15
He does have that dreamy sound, but it's not Gary Troxel.
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-15
He does have that dreamy sound, but it's not Gary Troxel.
Posted by: Electricland on 2010-02-15
Mike Nesmith?
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-15
It does kinda sound like Mike Nesmith, but the voice belongs to another. For those out there who know their film (and in this case) TV scores, the melody was used in both. That would be the best place to start as then you can tackle the actor behind the singing.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2010-02-15
Ryan O'Neal singing the Theme from Peyton Place?
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-15
Ryan O'Neal would be too easy. You'll have to dig deeper, but I feel the end is nearing...
Posted by: Electricland on 2010-02-16
Nanook, I was watching a documentry on The Monkees recently. It just sounded so like the pre-monkee, all before he went on the television show.

I bet this songs singer is really well known. Gotta think it out.
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-16
E- It really does have that Mike Nesmith (Monkees) sound, but the voice belongs to a now deceased actor from the Peyton Place TV series.
Posted by: Electricland on 2010-02-17
The actors on that show were or mostly stage trained. I gotta say, Nanook, you got me on this one. A singer from that show. Stumped!
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2010-02-17
Well Dolenz is still with us and if it is not Scotty (James Doohan) then I'll need a cross-reference. It is a tough one Nanook.
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-18
I really appreciate you guys sticking with this (now I know how you must feel Jed).

Okay; since you already ruled out Ryan O'Neal that leaves Ed Nelson, Christopher Connelly and James Douglas from the more obvious list of what The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows... describes as One ABC cast credits card lists over 100 regulars.

Care to weigh-in...
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2010-02-18
Super Nanook! I am going to sit on this to see if anyone else discovers the uniqueness about your hint. I will remember this.
Posted by: Carouselle on 2010-02-19
Christopher Connelly?
Posted by: Nanook on 2010-02-20
Chris Connelly it is. I believe the hit side of the 45 is Young Love. Yes THAT Young Love made famous by Tab Hunter and Sonny James from 1957. It just seemed as though the Theme from Peyton Place was the lesser of two evils. (Of course Young Love consists mainly of a talkover - always good for room-clearing music).

For real die-hards though, there's always the full length album: The Boy From Peyton Place for total immersion...