New Coke Debut 1985 This is a 1985 CBC report on the introduction of the less-than-beloved New Coke. I'm cynical enough to believe this whole New Coke business was a carefully orchestrated plot. Coca-Cola got millions of dollars of free advertising out of their self-made controversy.
Tags: New  Coke
Added: 3rd May 2009
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-05-03
I remember how livid many Coca-Cola fans were in 1985. There was an op-ed piece in a Tornto newspaper that said something along these lines when it was announced the the old variety of Coke would no longer be manufactured:

'Name any other product in the world--legal or illegal--that cannot be obtained. Unfiltered cigarettes? Tough to get, but you can find them if you look hard enough. Heroin or cocaine? Outlawed but still easily accessible. Only Coca-Cola in its traditional form will the public be deprived from acquiring.'
Posted by: eric1957 on 2009-05-03
Along with the 11 herbs and spices from KFC.
Posted by: Naomi on 2009-05-03
I'll just stick with my Pepsi.
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-05-03
Growing up we never drank pop, mostly Kool-Aid with half the sugar in it. Moms idea with six boys to deal with Lol! I still don't drink the stuff, Root Beer on occasion, prefer Beer and Milk Lol! Not at the same time though Lol!
Posted by: EONSFTFAN on 2009-08-06
what a disaster this product was. When I drank my first 'new' coke, it tasted almost identical to Pepsi. Thank goodness coke came to their senses and went back to the old coke...

the saying goes, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
Posted by: Jhonmaik on 2021-01-30
Paper Lords is one of the leading
Academic Writing Services
provider agency in the United Kingdom. We have been offering our services in the market for over 5 triumphant years. Paper Lords is offering Assignment writing across the United Kingdom.