You have to remember the Gallopping Gourmet Can you imagine the contract he would have on the Food Network today? He sure set the trend, when he was sober LOL!!
Tags: Gallopping  Gourmet
Added: 16th September 2007
Views: 2097
Posted By: Freckles
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-16
Graham Kerr, he was so funny just being himself. I watched this until they took it off the network, I couldn;t rememebr if it was the 60's or 70's.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-16
Naomi, according to Total Television, The Galloping Gourmet program ran in syndication from 1968 through 1971. (It was produced at CJOH-TV in Ottawa, Ontario!)
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-16
Thanks Lava!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-16
This strikes me as an ad for Dixie Cups more than a clip from the show. Do you get this impression too?
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-16
Yeah, I had to catch it again to notice that. Still, it was nice to hear that voice again.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-25
he had a sort of groupie following and was drinking i think maybe because it was canadian tv he could and i do remember overhearing older females in my family speaking of sexual overtones [it sells] those canadians dutch are so far ahead of us in realistic attitudes
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-25
dixie cups wax coated styrofoam melts
Posted by: Wikiriwhi on 2007-12-20
he was a NEW ZEALANDER. :)
Posted by: Musicollector on 2010-11-26
I detest cooking and everything associated with it - I leave it to the wife. However, this is the ONLY cooking show I ever watched...and loved every single minute of it. Yeah, on those cold Canadian winter days in 1969, I used to watch Graham crack me up everything. Of course, you can tell that I watched for his jokes and facial expressions. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for those fabulous, fantastic memories. Light years better in black and white than the garbage today in HD color!