Name the Entertainer Can you name this singer born Ernest Evans?
Tags:
Added: 30th March 2009
Posted By: MizzouHillbilly
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-30
He looks like a song and dance man.

Can this fine young man be Chubby Checker.

If not, I am sad. :(
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-03-30
Since Chubby Checker's real name is Ernest Evans, I agree with Electricland's guess.
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-30
I got that one right?

That was completely off the cuff.

I remember seeing Chubby on the television throughout the 70's.

This picture, I could see it in his eyes. Those dance moving steps he invented, The Twist. :)

Thanks!
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-30
MH, let us have harder ones for Lava.

I am always amazed at how people online here know these pictures. The last one, the KFC man, Colonel Sanders, that was great.

I had no idea who that was.

MH, let us have much more from you.

Posted by: MizzouHillbilly on 2009-03-30
Nice Job guys! It is indeed Chubby Checker. I'll keep trying to stump y'all.
Posted by: Nbmike on 2009-03-30
Wow, this post brought back a memory that I hadn't thought about in years. I actually met Chubby back in 1985 when working for a local radio station, which was promoting his visit. He was signing autographs at a local car dealership, and I went to see him. He was late by 2 hours, (no slam on him. His tour bus was held up at the border at St.Stephen NB/Calais Me). When he arrived, I don't know if he just woke up, or was under the influence, but he appeared disheveled, wearing a t shirt, torn blue sweat pants, his hair was wild for sure, and he seemed disoriented a little. The place was packed, and he started signing autographs, but seeing I was working for the radio station, I felt it was fair for me to wait until he signed the other autographs, and being shy can be a curse. After waiting an hour, the line was almost gone, but I had to use the washroom. When I returned, the bus was pulling out of the parking lot. I may have lost my chance of an autograph that day, but thanks to MH, I didn't lose the memory. Thanks for the flashback.
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-30
Thanks for sharing that amusing story.

:]