Patrick Hernandez  Born To Be Alive A huge disco hit from 1979!
Tags: Patrick  Hernandez    Born  To  Be  Alive
Added: 27th March 2009
Views: 1905
Posted By: rickfmdj
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2009-03-28
I loved the song when it came out but I never saw the video of it. The choreography really needs some work.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-03-28
The 70s were such a busy time for music. Think about it....it had rock, protest, hippie, acid rock, soft rock, bubble gum and ends with disco and punk. Of course it had room for songs like Candy man or Dean Martin. No decade had such diversity.
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-28
I heard this tune in a Chevy Chase flick, oh, guess it was about 14 years ago, undeserving to be in it.

A waste of a song that deseves better

This is a great song from that period of time.

I have never seen this video.

I love it, except the dance steps.
:-)
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2009-03-28
Is it my imagination but is he wearing a PLASTIC tie? Also, Steve, can you find a clip of Sammy Davis, Jr. singing Candy Man?
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2009-03-28
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-28
Patrick Hernandez, I love that walkin' stick. Gene Kelly or Fred Astair could of shown him some moves.
Can't imagine M.C. Hammer.
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-29
I got to tell you, this video is hilarious. I have never seen it before.
Patrick Hernandez actually made a video to this great song. I remember it being all over the radio in 1979, I actually bought the 45 single too. I like when he almost cracks up in the middle of the song. I kept waiting for him to throw away the walking stick and just go into a dance number. He is a man of fine quality, I mean look at the clothing. He is in style for 1979.
Thanks for posting this. :)
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-29
You know what the funniest thing about this song is?

Millionaire Hernandez, he's super rich.

He is the one laughing. :)