Archie Bunker Alone Archie Bunker's Place was a reasonably successful continuation of All In The Family. Jean Stapleton, who played Archie's wife (Edith), appeared in six episodes before deciding to leave the show. The show's writers dealt with her departure by making Archie a widower. This is the conclusion of a special one-hour episode from December 1980 in which Archie had to deal with Edith's death. Warning: It's a tear-jerker.
Tags: Archie  Bunkers  Place  Edith  death
Added: 22nd February 2009
Posted by: Steve on 2009-02-22
I like many began losing interest in the show, but I remember this as being a touching episode giving the show some redeeming values.

Do you realize 60 Minutes was on before this show and it's pretty much the same people today!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-02-22
I stopped watching All In The Family after Gloria and Meathead moved to California. The episode where Archie and Meathead part ways should have been the end of the series. It was perfect. However, AITF was so popular that CBS extended it well past its usefulness.

I only ever glanced at a handful of Archie Bunker's Place a few times. I had no interest in watching it.

Having said that, for anyone who remembers the glory days of AITF, this clip is emotionally tough to take.
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-02-22
Im with you Lava. They should have made that the last show. The glory days were very cutting edge for the times.
Posted by: Blue-Light on 2011-01-21
THIS WAS A VERY EMOTIONAL SCENE. I REMEMBER CRYING BACK THEN, AND CRYING NOW, AS I WATCH IT AGAIN. I LOVED ALL IN THE FAMILY AND ALL THE CAST. IT WAS AN EXCELLENT SERIES

I TOO, LOST INTEREST IN THE SHOW AFTER GLORIA AND MIKE MOVED. THE SERIES SHOULD HAVE ENDED THERE. FOT ME ARCHIES PLACE JUST DIDN'T CUT IT ANYMORE. THE FOUR MAIN CHARACTERS MADE THIS SHOW AND WITH EVEN ONE OF THE ACTORS MISSING THE SHOW LOST A LOT. OUR FAMILY WATCHED ALL IN THE FAMILY EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT TOGETHER FOR ALL THE YEARS IT WAS ON THE AIR.

Posted by: Lava1964 on 2011-01-21
All in the Family aired on Saturday nights during its heyday. Archie Bunker's Place had a Sunday night time slot.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2013-06-01
The is even tougher to watch today given that Jean Stapleton has really passed away.
Posted by: Jhonmaik on 2021-01-30
Paper Lords is one of the leading
Academic Writing Services
provider agency in the United Kingdom. We have been offering our services in the market for over 5 triumphant years. Paper Lords is offering Assignment writing across the United Kingdom.