Martin and Lewis reunited on the telethon This was 1976, Martin and Lewis hadn't spoken to each other since July 24, 1956! They were brought together by Frank Sinatra.
Tags: Martin  and  Lewis  reunited  on  the  telethon  Jerry  Lewis  Telethon
Added: 2nd September 2007
Posted By: Cliffy
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-02
Darn, I've got tears in my eyes from watching this. Thanks Cliffy, what a night that was!
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-09-02
Didn't it seem awkward? Frank had to keep moderating, really didn't give them much chat time and then the medley to end it.

Best line was from Jerry..So..you working? LOL that's what broke them up in the first place!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-03
I believe it was 1957 when Martin and Lewis split up, so it was a 19-year gap before they met again! Too bad Frank Sinatra kind of ruined it with his needless interruptions. Still, it was a great moment in television history.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-03
I remember seeing another part of this surprise reunion. (I think it was on Biography.) Jerry sincerely asks Dean, Why did we break up? That's the part that gets to me.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-05
What a shame their respective egos (and their respective managers) broke up a fabulous comedy team. Nineteen years down the drain.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-09-28
I stand corrected. It was indeed 1956 when Martin and Lewis broke up--not 1957.
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2011-08-04
I just read today that this will be the last MDA telethon Jerry will host. I'm sad about that.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2011-12-15
I agree with Carl. I also think it was absolutely shameful that Jerry unceremoniously got the boot from the MDA telethon. Geez, the guy raised $2.5 billion over the years! He deserved some sort of classy sendoff.