Tammy Grimes Show 1966 Frank's comment about ABC's 1966-67 schedule made reference to the short-lived Tammy Grimes Show. Here is a black-and-white version of the first 10 minutes of the first episode. Broadway star Tammy Grimes played madcap, free-spending bank heiress Tamantha Ward. Dick Sargent (later to be the second Darrin on Bewitched) played her brother, Terence. Only 10 episodes were ever made, and only four were aired before the series was axed. The Tammy Grimes show was produced by William Dozier, the man responsible for making Batman a huge hit on ABC. The network hoped Dozier could strike gold again with The Tammy Grimes Show. It didn't happen. Slotted against My Three Sons and Star Trek, poor ratings and negative reviews quickly killed this show.
Tags: ABC  Tammy  Grimes  Show
Added: 10th November 2008
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-11-10
Maybe the fact that Tammy Grimes was unappealing as a female sitcom lead and had a terribly annoying voice had something to do with the show's quick demise.
Posted by: Frank on 2008-11-10
Thank you for posting, Lava1964! As into short-lived sitcom as I am, I have never seen this show before. I have read about it but have never seen any episodes of the Tammy Grimes sitcom. Thanks so much:-)
Posted by: Steve on 2008-11-10
I'm amazed there is any type of video available on this, it only showed 4 times on the air!
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-11-10
In the 70s I travelled alot by car/auto on Sunday evenings and was able to listen to CBS Radio Mystery Theater with EG Marshall. I can remember her being on that program often as one of the actors. In fact, she hosted the show in its last year and she was one of the actors I considered for the, 'Name The ...' but I considered her to obscure. This must be hindsight again.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2008-11-10
Tammy Grimes did more stage work.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-11-10
Apparently as late as 1966 ABC was sending black-and-white versions of their sitcoms to their affiliates that didn't air network shows at the same time as other stations or to affiliates that did not yet have the technology to broadcast in color. (I'd think by 1966 color broadcasts would have been the norm!)
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2016-11-04
It has been reported that Tammy Grimes died on October 30, 2016. She was 82. She would have been totally unknown to me if I hadn't found this clip from her short-lived show eight years ago.