Dan Quayle spells potato They should be having a field day with Obama!
Tags:   Dan    Quayle    potato    William    Figueroa    George    Bush    vice    president    potatoe
Added: 28th September 2008
Posted By: Cathy
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-09-29
Dan Quayle wasn't the brightest penny in the jar, but he isn't solely responsible for the misspelling of potato here. Qualyel later explained that the teacher wrote out the children's spelling words on cue cards. The teacher misspelled potato too--andding an extra 'e'. Quayle just went by what the card said. The teacher should have gotten more flak than Quayle did, but you how biased most media folks are against Republicans.
Posted by: Steve on 2008-09-29
Well hey, Obama said he was at 57 states! Free pass I guess.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-09-29
Wouldn't it be nice if the truly best and brightest people actually ran for public office instead of the current crop of politicians? It will never happen, though. They're too smart to get involved in politics.
Posted by: Steve on 2008-09-29
Lava, that was pretty much a quote from Reagan, that if industry would snatch them up. Certainly explains the mess we are in!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-09-29
This clip reminded me of an incident I indirectly had with a teacher: About a decade ago I was tutoring a sixth-grade student on Thursday nights. On Monday, the teacher had given her class ten spelling words to memorize for a quiz on Friday. That Thursday night, my student asked me to go over the words with him. I quickly realized the teacher had misspelled two of them: caffeine and burgundy. I told my student to point this out to the teacher the first thing the next morning. When he did, the teacher didn't believe him. He insisted she look up the two words in a dictionary. Unwillingly she did and discovered she was wrong. Instead of being grateful for having the error pointed out to her, she was miffed that she had to postpone the spelling quiz in order to reteach the proper spelling of the two words. Pathetic, huh?
Posted by: eric1957 on 2008-09-29
Hey, let's call the whole thing off.