Lets Go To The Drive In The Starlight Drive In was showing some killer movies!!
Tags: drive  in  starlight
Added: 2nd July 2007
Posted By: Teresa
Posted by: BKV on 2007-07-02
I don't think there is a Drive in theatre open anywhere anymore. They closed one down where I use to live in California just about 3 years ago after they found the owner murdered. He was 85 and was shot to death.
Posted by: Kiepay on 2007-07-02
There's one about 30 mins from where we live.

Here's a link:
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-07-31
I think one or two are still open in Michigan. But they are very rare.
Posted by: yellehs2 on 2007-08-11
We have a brand new drive in movie opening in my hometown soon! It's going to be very nice and will only show family movies. I can't wait to try it out and see how much of the original drive in is implemented. You know, the speakers and snack bar and such. This is being opened by a family that has had great success in other places where they have restarted this nostalgic trend.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-11
The last one I remember in Miami was the Dixie Drive in and they finally closed it in the late 60's. It sure was another world back then, you could actually go and have a good time and not get mugged.
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2007-08-14
There are still two left in the Phoenix area. I used to go to the drive-in's by myself and do push-ups in the back seat to impress my friends.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-11-11
We've just recently had one open here bringing the local area number to two now. I understand that you tune your car radio to a certain frequency to the receive the audio portion. Haven't been and will make no promises.
Posted by: beev50 on 2010-01-01
Our Starlite was torn down and made room for our HY VEE grocery store like we needed another store.