NIGHT GALLERY   THE CEMETERY  Ending For those old enough to remember, Night Gallery was created and hosted by the great god of imagination Rod Serling, as a follow-up to The Twilight Zone. The opening was set in a shadowy museum, where Serling unveiled a dark and disturbing collection of canvases as preface to a highly diverse anthology of tales in the fantasy, horror, and supernatural vein. The first story from the 1969 pilot of Night Gallery, entitled The Cemetery. A black sheep nephew (McDowell, naturally) murders his ailing uncle (George McReady) for the inheritance, only to find some disturbing changes in the old man's painting of the family graveyard. Some good acting as well from Ossie Davis. The night I first watched this I was all alone, mom was working late, dad was sleeping, and I was on the floor in front of the tv having the living daylights scared out of me. I just loved it!!
Tags: night  gallery  rod  serling  anthology
Added: 23rd August 2007
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Steve on 2007-08-23
Awesome episode! One of the very best!
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-23
I keep thinking this was part of the trilogy for the series pilot. The other two starred Barry Sullivan with Joan Crawford, as a rich blind woman who is willing to pay any price to get her sight back, even if it means someone elses, mainly Tom Bosley, and the third was my all time favorite, for obvious reasons, concerning a Nazi war criminal, Josef Strobel, played by Richard Kiley, who escape from Buenas Aires to NY, and gets his just rewards inside a painting depicting the horrors of the holocaust. I watch these over and over again, they were the best of his series.
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-08-23
loved Night Gallery! Mom thought it was too creepy . . Dad and i watched it together . . thanks for the memories! lost my dad a couple of years ago, and i treasure those times so much now . .
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-08-26
Great show.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-08-26
This show was too scary for me. I had to change the channel.
Posted by: Steve on 2008-07-14
Wow, I just got done watching over 4 hours of Night Gallery with my 14 year old son; he just couldn't get enough!! I think we will wind up getting the dvds from Amazon.com but for now we have been watching season one on Hulu.com Thanks for posting this, its what made me showing him....not every day your teen age son wants to watch the same show with you!!!!!
Posted by: Unclejohnnybob on 2009-07-10
never got into this as much as TZ....good and creepy though