OK Jed Name this Actress I just had to do this.. Anyone have a good guess? no hints until I hear some sighing out there.
Tags: actresses  trivia
Added: 31st August 2008
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-31
Tell me that is red hair and I'll fall in love all over again.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-31
Okay Naomi, how about if I just say Ann-Margret.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-09-01
Sorry, it's not Ann-Margret. Think pasta and Dino DeLaurentis.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-09-01
Her most famous role, the earthy Riso Amaro (1949), had her out toiling ever so sexily in the rice fields. Lucille Ball did a hilarious spoof on this movie on her I Love Lucy (1951) show. Lucy is spotted by a famous Italian movie director and chosen to play a part in his new movie, Bitter Grapes, that ends up with her toiling in her now famous grape-stomping vat scene.

Does this ring any bells?

Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-09-01
Doris Dowling? She is one those that you remember the face but never the name. I didn't make the connection to the Lucy spoof until you said something about it.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-09-01
Doris Dowling, wasn't she an heir to a fortune? As for this being her, I'm afraid not, but that was a good guess.
C'mon, you know...

Again, I'll say...think pasta or Dino DeLaurentis. I'll get you another clue in a few minutes.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-09-01
Okeydokey jed, or anyone else who wants to tackle this beauty..

She was once a contestant in the Miss Italia contest (my hint about pasta was simply to say she's Italian), and was trained as a dancer and a model.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-09-01
Silvana Mangano? I just confirmed that DeLaurentis produced Bitter Rice.

Doris Dowling was in Bitter Rice as well. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0235835/

The heiress was Doris Duke. http://www.biography.com/search/article.do?id=9542083

Simple to some, tough to others.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-09-01
And a WooHoo to you Jed..I knew you'd figure this out! And thanks for the Doris Duke info.