A passage ..... "...From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remember'd; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And gentlemen in England now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day" Name the play. Name the author. Name the battle. Give the date of the battle Name the theater that it was reputedly performed in.
Tags: Answer  the  attached  questions.
Added: 28th August 2008
Posted By: jedwgrn
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-28
Sorry!

Name the play.
Name the author.
Name the battle.
Give the date of the battle.
Name the theater that the play was reputedly performed in first.
Posted by: Ronnie on 2008-08-28
Jedwgrn...

Please give us a hint...Were you there at the battle? biggrin

Ronnie
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-28
Ronnie, although 59 pushing 60, I'm not that old, biggrin! Your hint, should you choose to accept it (another old program), is: The Bard. Hang in there Ronnie. I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-28
I know why I'm double-posting. After entering the last comment I hit the refresh. Won't do that anymore.
p
Test
font size=3 color=#8D38C9Test/font
Posted by: Gargoyle2556 on 2008-08-28
Shakespeare

St Crispin Day speech

Henry V
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-28
First Gargoyle, thank you for the service you render to your community. You are a hero by being a firefighter. Again, thank you!! Signed MSG Jack Edward Green USA (Ret)

WOO HOO!! Outstanding Gargoyle. The Saint Crispin Day speech from Henry V by Shakespeare. There is an English literature teacher smiling somewhere tonight!

Now. What was the battle's name, when did it happen, and where did Shakespeare stage it?

Anyone, anyone?

(Hey Ronnie, thanks for posting guy. Would like to hear back from you. Too many people look but don't say anything. HEY, this means you slacker. Yeah you, the one reading this but has decided not to say anything. Don't want to get involved huh? Okay! So I'll talk for all of us. The sky is red and pigs fly.)
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-08-29
Shakespeare based the play on events that occurred before and after the Battle of Agincourt during the Hundred Years War, and it was performed at the Globe Theatre in London. The battle itself was fought in 1415, Saint Crispin's Day.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-29
TA-DA WOO HOO Enter The Naomi. Correct on everything!!! How do you do it? Naomi you are a phenomenon.
Posted by: Ronnie on 2008-08-30
Naomi....

Wow..you can definitely tell you never were a blonde..... :^)

Jedwgrn...I was gonna answer Shakespeare but I was too late. I woulda said what Naomi said but I am too slow. My brain just would never hold that much knowledge. I woulda had to forgot some important stuff to be able to spare the brain cells for that much info..

Ronnie
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-08-31
Although I have never gone to the blonde shades, you can be ditzy in any color. Just ask my husband lol
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-08-31
Hey Ronnie, the attempt at whatever point is the most important thing. If someone has answered put your two cents in. No one will think less or criticize.

Will tailor some questions for your demographic. Questions that you will know immediately. Trust me, the capacity of your brain is infinite.