Marriage Proposal Rejected At Basketball Game I've been waiting for this to happen at one of these public marriage proposals: At a February 13, 2008 basketball game, a Houston Rockets fan asks his girlfriend to marry him--and she says no! (On the bright side, the Rockets did beat the Sacramento Kings 89-87 that night. I'm sure that cheered up the poor fellow!)
Tags: marriage  proposal  rejected  basketball
Added: 16th August 2008
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-08-16
I like when the mascot tries to console the poor guy.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-08-17
Oh gosh, I feel so bad for him, but he was taking a chance when he decided to do it. Those few seconds between the time he asked and the time she responded must have seemed like forever.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-08-17
I think the adage that trial lawyers have applies here: Don't ask a question unless you know what the answer will be.

I have no experience in this department, but would a typical female appreciate her marriage proposal occurring at a sporting event? I suspect the answer is no. Am I right, ladies?
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-08-17
My man might as well be talking to himself because I wouldn't be there, I HATE public scenes!!!!
Posted by: Kbug on 2008-08-17
Did the rumour of this being a hoax ever get confirmed? I think it was said to be staged by the Houston Rockets.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-08-17
Well, well, well. After some further research, it turns out that five days later the Houston Rockets confessed to this as being a 'skit.' In other words, it was a hoax. I was fooled completely, but I'm not especially bright. That's twice I've been fooled by hoaxes that I have subsequently posted here.

Now, should I leave the post on this website or delete it?
Posted by: Kbug on 2008-08-17
Leave it, it's still funny!