Forrest Gump and Bubba i liked when Lieutenant Dan Taylor (Gary Sinise) told Benjamin Buford "Bubba" Blue (Mykelti Williamson), "you better tuck that lip in," as a joke so he wouldn't get shot. . .
Tags: movie  forrest  gump  tom  hanks  bubba  blue  mykelti  williamson  six  oscars  best  picture  best  actor  gary  sinise  robin  wright  penn
Added: 19th August 2007
Posted By: Marie
Posted by: Sneakysnake on 2007-08-19
LOL!! u must be watching Forrest Gump today, too! what a great movie . . i like when Lt. Dan shows up at Forrest's shrimp boat and tells him he thought he try out his 'sea legs,' and Forrest says, but Lt. Dan, you don't have any legs . .
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-19
I absolutely love Tom Hanks, and will watch anything he's in. My favorite scene was Bubba exlaining about shrimp. My kids come over and drive me nuts with that bit!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-08-19
There was a book written in the seventeenth century called The Adventures of a Simpleton. It chronicled a dimwitted person's escapades as he travelled through the important historical moments of that time. (I had to read it as part of a European history course I took in university.) I often wonder if that book inspired this film.
Posted by: BigBoy Bob on 2007-08-20
Great point Lava, but as a parent I can't tell you how many times you think you have a great story about your kid only to find out this was already been experienced by someone. But I see your point.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-08-27
Is there such a thing as a bad Tom Hanks movie? Maybe Joe versus the Volcano qualifies.
Posted by: masonx31 on 2012-08-06
Great Movie and acting and storyline makes you keep believing in the impossible and what 1 person can make that change the world needs a little bit at a time