Michael Jackson Pix of Thriller album.
Tags: Thriller
Added: 2nd July 2007
Posted By: deedee
Posted by: BKV on 2007-07-02
Yeah this was before he turned white.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-11-11
Today all I do is just shake my head when I hear about this person.
Posted by: Meowwie on 2009-08-15
Today all I do is just shake my head when I hear about this person... as posted by Jedwgrn.
What, exactly do you mean by that?
I am really curious.
Because today, when I hear about this person, Michael Joseph Jackson, I also shake my head. I shake my head in wonder of the terrific talent that he had; the gentle spirit that was his; and I shake my head at the tragic ending of his life.
Your remarks, Mr. Jedwgrn, do not sound very nice, or very complimentary regarding Mr. Jackson. It sounds to me as though you have made some negative conclusions that don't have anything to do with his entertainment abilities, or the contributions he made to modern music. As a child prodigy, and award-winning musician, this person made the world a better place. Can you say as much for yourself?
Posted by: Meowwie on 2009-08-15
And I could say the same to you, as well, BKV. You sound like a prejudiced hater.
You make snide comments about a man who has recently died.
A man who entertained millions of people in his life. A man who was misunderstood and ridiculed all his life by people like you.
You and Jedwgrn should be very ashamed.
YOU are what's wrong with the world today, not Michael Jackson.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-08-15
Wow. People who are blindly devoted to celebrities and refuse to see their heroes' obvious character flaws need to take a long, hard look at themselves.
Posted by: Naomi on 2009-08-15
Meowwie, I understand how you feel about Michael Jackson, and I agree, he was truly a talented and I have always felt, a very gentle person, but please remember that whether or not we agree with what has been posted by Jedwgrn and BKV, they have the right to their opinions, just as we do ours.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-08-15
We were one of the first sites to break the news of Michael's death and quickly had tributes posted. As owner of the site I did think twice about the tributes because of the accusations of his colorful past...but what star doesn't have a colorful past?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-08-15
Colorful past? Nice euphemism, Steve.

My friend was at a wedding the weekend of Jackson's death. Jackson became a heated subject of conversation at my friend's table. The opinions were generally split along lines of gender. The males couldn't understand why Jackson was being lauded unconditionally--and thus getting a pass on his much publicized quirks and picadillos--while the females did not think Jackson's oddness so be considered.

I'm with the my fellow males on this one. When Richard Nixon died, the reporters didn't say, 'The man just died; let's not mention Watergate.' That scandal was thoroughly chronicled as part of Nixon's life. Similarly, Michael Jackson's issues should not have been glossed over by the fawning media.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-08-16
We are going to have a case in point coming up this fall Lava with Michael Vick (what's with the first name?). I'll bet most guys are going to say hey, he paid his dues to society and the women will want him back in prison. Time will tell.

The difference is Vick was convicted Jackson never was.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-08-16
You are right, Steve. I think the Philadelphia Eagles are going to get a lot of flak for signing Vick. People of both genders generally hold animal abusers in low esteem--usually in lower esteem than if they had killed someone. There are two people presently involved in the NHL who have killed people in drunken motor vehicle incidents. Somehow these are quickly forgotten.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-08-16
Meowwie a very dear friend of mine passed Monday and we buried her Friday. A person who was courageous, truthful, honest, humble, and with the most upstanding moral convictions that a human can possess. And I shake my head.

Do we receive all the justice we can afford? I do not perceive Michael Jackson as you do. If there is smoke is there a fire? Who knows? Did he receive all the justice he could afford? Did OJ? Did Madoff? Did Milken? And, this list can go on forever.

I reject your insinuation and lamentation. Regardless of his abilities at any juncture of his career, I reserve the right to form my opinion of his conduct based the information that I possess. I grant nothing and restate, 'Today all I do is just shake my head when I hear about this person.' And, can I say as much about myself? Yes, 23 years active duty Army and 17 years civilian service with the US Army (40 years of service to this country, two wars, wounded in Vietnam). Does this matter? Depends on who is making the decision.

Jack Green MSG, USA (Ret)
Posted by: Old Fart on 2009-08-16
Hard to make a stance on this. I'll just respect the tremendous talent he had despite a really weird childhood compared to most any child.
Posted by: Meowwie on 2009-08-16
Well, everybody, all I can say is, if my comments offended, I apologize.
The world seems to be such an opinionated and cold place sometimes.
I recognize your contributions to our country, Mr. Green. And I thank You for Your service.
Yes, we're all entitled to our opinions.
If i came across harshly, that was not my intent.
My contention was, that sometimes people are judged by popular opinion and tabloid stories, when the truth sometimes is never known.
I didn't join here to make enemies.
I joined because I enjoy nostalgia.
If anyone's feelings are hurt because of my postings, I regret that.
Please accept my right to express an opinion, just as I do yours.
A friend to all,
Meowwie
Posted by: LPROUD on 2009-08-16
I can understand Jack as I feel the same as you do. While I believe Michael Jackson's entire life was tragic there is no doubt that he was extremely talented. I do not know if he was just a victim or a victimizer. I don't know or really care if the allegations against him were true. It doesn't matter and it's just plain sad either way. I have enjoyed some of his music, think he was a tremendous talent but the hype is just nauseating. What is wrong with this country is that celebrities are worshipped like gods and given free passes for bad behavior because of it. I'm not saying this is the case of Michael Jackson but it does show where our society has gone. While I know that there are many people that lost a loved one that day, there are many people who just gave up the fight, whatever that fight was for them. As much as I long for the past I can honestly say that I believe when it comes to Michael Jackson it's time to move on.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-08-16
Meowwie, you have courage and I respect that, no apology necessary. Expressing your opinion as you did is exemplary. In fact, it is refreshing to hear what you think. It is the unidentified knives in my back that I mind. Patriots true to their beliefs, supported by their actions, continue daily to be the strength of this or any other country. Let all that enjoy freedom be ever vigilant and mindful of that fact. Forgive me for being the bohemian that I am.

Pithy LPROUD, pithy.