JIMMY JET Probably the earliest flight simulator ever made for kids and one of the greatest toys ever made! Made by the "Deluxe Reading" toy company in the early 1960's, and sold mainly in supermarkets. (You could also get them by mail-order from the old Spiegel catalog and other mail-order firms as well.) You controlled the steering with a yoke as your jet flew over moving terrain, (a rotating scenery cylinder,) controlling your airspeed as you lined up a "target," then fired (actual) rubber-tipped missiles by pulling the two missile-launching levers. Enough dials, levers, chrome and noise to delight any young fighter pilot! It was a blast knocking down my little green army men with the missiles! It used 4 'D' batteries.
Tags: Jimmy  Deluxe
Added: 16th August 2007
Posted By: jimmyjet
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2007-08-16
Great Item. I've been trying to post a video of a Jimmy Jet that I own all day showing it in operation but I kept getting error messages. Jimmy Jet is a great toy!
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-08-16
These were really popular back then. I wanted one sooooo bad. A friend had one and he let me play with it and I got bored with it pretty quick, could just be because I couldn't get one!
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-08-16
that is sooooooo freakin' awesome!!! i STILL want one!
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-08-17
I had one.
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2008-07-23
Hello Folks,
It has been a while since I've been on here and I come with some bad news. Jimmy Jet whose real name is Bruce, passed away on June 29, 2008 and now is in the arms of the Lord. Bruce became a penpal of mine after I bought a few items from him on ebay. We both had an interest in old Toys and Jimmy Jet was one of his favorite toys! His parts helped complete my toys and I will truly miss him. I urged him to sign up on this sight and he commented many times how much he liked it. He was an avid aviation buff and now he can freely fly the friendly skies of heaven! Rest in Peace Bruce, you will be missed.
Chuck-Dezurtdude
Posted by: Steve on 2008-07-23
Oh this is sad news for everyone that knew him, he will be greatly be missed! I do know he is in a much better place now!

Chuck, thanks so much for updating us.