Featured Member - Sweets50 Born & raised in Chicago,IL Moved out To the country 5 years ago. Bought a Farmette in the country miles from Nowhere. Turned it into a shelter for Abused dogs & birds. Mostly the big Parrots, People never realize the work Or the longevity of birds, And when They do a lot turn up by me. Same as The dogs. it is not uncommon to come Home from someplace to see a dog tied To my oak tree or a cooler on my deck With teddy bear hamsters. This is my World welcome. I have recently gone Back to school and hopefully will be Done shortly. I\'m married and Happily I have 2 daughters 2 great son-in-laws, And a very special grandson, who adores Me like I do him...he truly is my pride And joy, Now if one of them would just Fork over a granddaughter..Grandmama Would stop her nagging,,,And it will be A perfect world !! if you have any Questions or Dean Martin videos you Want to share please by all means drop A line or two !! : )
Tags: Featured  Member  -  Sweets50
Added: 3rd June 2008
Posted By: Steve
Posted by: Steve on 2008-06-03
This is what I love the most about YRT, Sweets is one of our newest members but when she was busy with school I felt like we were missing someone and had to find out where she was. Glad school is out!
Posted by: donmac101 on 2008-06-03
Good to know a wee bit more about you and put a face to the handle. This site just gets better when the already swelling list of members are joined by one like yourself. Love the fact that you look after unwanted animals, especially the parrots as like you say, these birds are a big commitment that not everyone can take on. Welcome and keep those comments coming.
Posted by: Cliffy on 2008-06-03
Very commendable taking care of the animals....dogs, birds and husband!

What are you going to school for?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-06-03
This is a great way to find out about one another. We all have different lives, but we're all drawn here for some odd reason.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-06-03
It's an honor to call her my friend, she has such a big heart and so much love for all animals. Sweets truly makes me feel that there's hope for the human race after all.
Posted by: roseanns1 on 2008-06-04
Glad to meet you Sweets. Reading the comments your name fits you to a tee.
Posted by: Rickfmdj on 2008-06-04
Im a dog lover as well so keep up your mission...also, glad to give you your request!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2008-06-24
Hey Sweets! Your great! Animals are like family to me, Love what ya do! I didn't see your profile until now! You seem like such a great person! Welcome to this great place we call YRT! Keep on doing what your doing! The country is whats good for the soul! Keep it up Girl! Awesome!