Featured Member - Ray- Original YouTube Introductory Video  March 2007 To introduce myself to this site...let me start with my original Introductory Video, produced for YouTube, from March of 2007. This pretty much describes me and my involvement in home video. But collecting videos is only one of my facets...I have been collecting pop songs on audiotape since the 1960s (I have a reel-to-reel collection that is in essence a history of Cleveland radio during the 1960s), I have a newspaper collection that I'm trying to sell, and have about 750 45's that I'm still trying to figure out what to do with! I also learned how to become somewhat computer-savvy....I have published two websites (one devoted to my precious Betamax video format, it's at betainfoguide.net, the other devoted to one of the most popular Top 40 AM stations ever to hit Cleveland, WIXY-1260 - that site is at www.wixy1260.com). I am originally from Cleveland but lived in Las Vegas for 4 1/2 wonderful years in the mid-90s, and hope to get back there someday....permanently. Most of my working life has been spent in retail, mainly the restaurant business, although now I'm working at New York Frozen Foods baking bread! I love to meet people with common interests, which is why I'm here; plus I have 7 active channels on YouTube! I married a wonderful Japanese lady in 1980 and we'll soon be celebrating 30 years of married bliss! Take care, and let me hear from you!
Tags: Ray    Glasser    introductory    video    2007    videoholic2007
Added: 28th May 2008
Posted By: videoholic
Posted by: donmac101 on 2008-05-28
Welcome Ray, to the YRT family.

If what I have seen in your post is a taste of things to come, bring it on!

I must say that I too was a confirmed Beta user but like many went to VHS when it became the format of choice. Beta sound and picture quality were always the best but it comes down to who can put up the biggest fight.

Looking forward to seeing what's in that vast collection of yours as you must have some real gems hidden away, so catch you soon.
Posted by: Steve on 2008-05-28
Now thats what I call an intro! Welcome to YRT Ray I'm so glad you can join us. I saw this on YouTube about a year ago...didn't know you were one in the same!

Awesome collection. So many of the items you have show I've owned at one time or another, I to started with Beta. Thought it was great when the first video store opened just 20 miles from my home! How times have changed!

You will find a great bunch of people here, we have Featured Members which you can use the search function to quickly get to know everyone, or look daily at the Featured Media for Featured Members!

I look forward not only to your videos, but also your comments and getting to know you!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2008-05-28
Welcome to YRT Ray! Very impressive collection. You'll love it here. Great people, and thats an understatement. Looking forward to seeing your stuff here. I'm sure you have some music from The Big 8 CKLW Windsor. I'm from the Detroit area grew up with CKLW, WKNR,WDRQ,WWWW, WABX,WRIF. Glad to have ya!
Posted by: Old Fart on 2008-05-28
Welcome Ray, you find some great people here!
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-05-28
Welcome to our site Ray, I know you'll enjoy being a member. We're all like family here, so relax and enjoy! BTW, that's some collection. I wasn't into the technical aspects of all those electronic devices back then, but I do remember if you had a Beta you couldn't play VHS and vice versa, and it took me awhile to get all this straight.
Posted by: Pfc on 2008-05-28
Hi Ray! All I can do is repeat what everyone has already said here. You'll have fun here!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-05-28
I'm thoroughly impressed...
Posted by: roseanns1 on 2008-05-28
Welcome to our YRT family. The people on here are great. Your video was awesome. Great job.
Posted by: Generationboom on 2009-06-14
YAY RAY!!! This is such a cool site. Thank you for letting your fans know about it. I can already tell I'm going to waste LOTS of time here. :0)
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-10-14
Wow! I had no idea about this, Ray.

WOW!