Duane Bobick Great White Hope Flop Anyone else remember heavyweight boxer Duane Bobick? He was a bronze medallist at the 1972 Munich Olympics. He won his first 38 pro fights and was thought to be the next Great White Hope. Then Bobick faced Ken Norton in Madison Square Garden on May 11, 1977 in a bout televised by NBC. With 42 million people watching, disaster...
Tags: Duane  Bobick  Ken  Norton  boxing
Added: 26th May 2008
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-05-26
Don't get up to get a beer.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-05-26
oops, sorry, I was thinking more along the lines of John Bobbitt I told you I'm not much of a sports fan!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-05-26
I knew somebody would confuse Bobick with Bobitt! Bobick was the heavyweight boxer who was separated from his senses. Bobitt was the hapless victim who was separated from his...

Let's just say John Wayne Bobbitt gave a new meaning to the term 'currently unattached.'
Posted by: eric1957 on 2008-05-27
I remember Duane Bobick. The next boxer who had to carry that monicker of Great White Hope was Gerry Cooney five years later when he fought Larry Holmes.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2013-09-19
Sad to report that Ken Norton died on September 18, 2013 at the age of 70. He had been in poor health for two years after suffering a series of strokes.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2013-12-09
I read recently that Duane Bobick is now suffering the effects of ill health all too common to boxers.

Boxing is a dangerous sport.
Posted by: KristStewart on 2018-09-18
The reason is that heaps of specialists can make the things culminate and along these lines they ready to see bunches of things and increment the shared comprehension and best essay writing deliver unique info. This data is so intriguing and you to peruse this article. I am intrigued to peruse more websites from this webpage.
Posted by: Kenelm on 2019-07-09