All in the Family  1971 to 1979 The dysfunctional family that America couldn't help but love. For Archie and Edith it was business as usual.
Tags: all  in  the  family  carroll  oconner
Added: 14th August 2007
Views: 1980
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2007-08-14
Wow Awesome I got some medicine from the doctor he told me to take 3 a day lol Classic Arch Love it! Thanks so much had a good laugh
Posted by: Bamber on 2007-08-15
Based on the Brit TV Comedy Til Death Us Do Part, I believe.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-15
Absolutely on the mark Bamber!
Posted by: Lsalzer on 2007-09-05
loved that show, and O'conner, I still watch In the Heat of the night with him in it. Of course in that show he's not as predgidous as he was in all in the family but still great to watch!
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-09-05
He gave us alot of laughs, reminded me of my father, except for the bigotry.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-05
Ah, the menopause episode. A classic indeed. Gotta love Archie. No political correctness for him.

I do wonder whether, in the long run, All In The Family was beneficial for television or not. It was truly groundbreaking and way ahead of its time, but it did open a Pandora's box. TV is now too wide open, in my opinion. Whenever Jerry Springer's latest coterie of deviates start brawls onstage, we have Norman Lear to blame for it--indirectly, of course.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-05
I think Norman Lear was making fun of your average american bigot, just as Mel Brooks did with his Hitler jibes. It's there, so why not bring it out in the open to show just how outrageous the behavior is. Of course, that's only my opinion.
Posted by: Steve on 2007-09-06
I was an impressionable teen when this show was popular. I was brought up in the south and very familiar with prejudice.

It was this show that opened my eyes on how dumb and how limiting prejudging can be. It sort of changed my life!
Posted by: Unclejohnnybob on 2009-06-20
thanks for the clip. i forgot how well they interacted......