Featured Member - Donmac I was born in a small town on the banks of the river Tay in Scotland, 1961. Like many others I played football in the streets, went camping and my personal favourite, long bicycle rides. Also playing a large part of my formative years were TV and cinema and being that I lived next door to our local Odeon cinema I was on first name terms with the staff so never had to pay for entry and the highlight of my week being the Saturday morning cinema kids club. Left school well educated but with no real purpose in mind so wandered from job to job which in a way helped me take part in stage, film and TV exta work, a real passion and a great hobby. I had even thought of becoming a professional actor but was told by many that it was a hard egg to crack, so my wanderings continued. My life as was, was brought to an abrupt halt in 1999 which since then has made me focus on the future and become more mature, rather than the self centred, egotistical person I used to be and now with a great partner who sees me through the the good and the bad times. I work full time for the Savation Army and have became a comitted Christian and in a small way, feel that I make a difference in the lives of others.
Tags: Featured  Member  -  Donmac
Added: 10th May 2008
Posted By: Steve
Posted by: Steve on 2008-05-10
There are many of us that are charter members but Don is one our first international charter member....but then again we are international to him!

Glad to have you on the site Don, you add so much to it!
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-05-10
Wonderful bio Donmac, and not much different that if you would have been brought up in the US...I guess we're all basically the same. I must say you though, you are quite the distinguished gentleman! You've made a big difference to this site and I hope you'll be part of our family for a long, long time.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-05-10
Interesting bio, Donmac. I believe we all have our roles to play in life. Sometimes we don't realize what part of this great human experience we are intended to play until many years have gone by. Your life story sounds very much similar to a friend of mine. I wish you well.
Posted by: Gargoyle2556 on 2008-05-11
Great to meet you Don. Do you still live in Scotland? Your bio doesn't say.
Posted by: donmac101 on 2008-05-12
Gargoyle, I'm sorry that I didn't say that I'm still resident in Scotland and thanks for the question.
Posted by: roseanns1 on 2008-05-16
Great bio Donmac. Glad to be friends with you. Love all your videos.
Posted by: donmac101 on 2009-03-06
I've noticed that I've never really thanked all of you for your kind comments. THANKS! Your all great here on YRT.
Posted by: Electricland on 2009-03-07
The puzzle solving master @ YRT!
OH! And a friendly guy for many online here.