Elvis   If I Can Dream OK people, it's been 30 years, time for some really good Elvis music. After all, a million impersonators can't be wrong.
Tags: elvis  presley  music  memphis  tennessee
Added: 11th August 2007
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Konifur on 2007-08-11
have you noticed that nearly all impersonators, impersonate him in his later days wearing a white catsuit unlike the photo above.
WHY?
I will tell you why i think they don`t impersonated the king in his prime.because no one can come anywhere near.the man was a one off,broke the mould at birth,no one could every take him off without looking a fool.he was really one man you could not copy in his heyday.
please note...i like Elvis but not a fan i do not own any of his records.but i do respect the man.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-11
I have to agree with you to a point, but I have two close friends who both work as Elvis Tribute Artists outside of their regular jobs. Let me tell you what they have told me about what they wear. When you are a contestant at an ETA contest you are expected to wear the jumpsuit. You can wear a suit, but it would probably hurt your chances of being selected. This year all over the US, there have been ETA contests, the winner of each state will go on to the finals in Memphis where they are having the 30th Anniversary of his passing this month. Yes, most of these ETA's are a joke, but there are a fer select few who do it out of admiration and respect, and they are exceptionally talentet.
Posted by: yellehs2 on 2007-08-11
I suppose this clip will be forever associated with American Idol and Celine Dion...
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-11
Why would it be associated in any way with Idol and Celine Dion?
Posted by: yellehs2 on 2007-08-11
Oh, you must not be a follower of American Idol. It was the most talked about event of the season. With amazing technology that had everyone buzzing, they put this clip of Elvis together with Celine Dion performing, and it looked as if they were on stage together. It can be viewed on You Tube, look up Elvis and Celine Dion.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-11
Thanks for explaining that, no I'm not a fan of American Idol, but it's only because I'm usually too tied up to watch it. I love those shows.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-08-31
The two most fascinating American celebrities of the twentieth century, in my humble opinion, were Babe Ruth and Elvis Presley. Strangely, both died on August 16.