R.M.S Titanic Sank 96 Years Ago Today Titanic struck an iceberg on April 14, 1912, and sank two hours and forty minutes later on April 15, 1912. The sinking resulted in the deaths of more than 1,500 people, ranking it as one of the worst peacetime maritime disasters in history and by far the most famous.
Tags: R.M.S    Titanic    Ship    Accident    Sea    1912    Iceberg    Kate    Winslet    Leonardo    DiCaprio    James    Cameron
Added: 13th April 2008
Posted By: Cliffy
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-04-13
I've never been able to get this disaster out of my mind. I think of all those women, having to give up their husbands and leave the ship for a lifeboat, and I can't imagine choosing life over dying with those closest to my heart.
Posted by: Cliffy on 2008-04-14
A quote that stuck with me through the years was the Ark was built by an amateur and the Titanic was built by professionals!
Posted by: roseanns1 on 2008-04-14
this gives me goosebumps. so sad.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-14
I have a clip up also,that isn't verified from her launch site.there is footage of the unsinkable Molly Brown actually on the clip!
Posted by: Pfc on 2008-04-14
It must be the most recent movie release that makes this seem impossible this was 96 years ago!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2008-04-14
Thanks Cliffy! That was so moving. Never say never Yup! My great grandmother was gonna be on that voyage, somehow I don't know why missed the ship. One of our relatives still has that ticket. Who knows might have sold it. I think how things might have not been, but they are as they are now. God has blessed us all. Theres a reason for everything good and bad I say. Like Naomi said can,t imagine choosing life to leave a loved one behind.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-15
Marty that ticket is valuable!