Plan Nine From Outer Space trailer You remember the worst director in the world don't you, Ed Wood. During the fifties, this was the most widely known of his endeavors, second only to his autobiographical Glenn and Glenda. You have to appreciate this film, bad acting and all, because this man simply wished to fulfill his dream of becoming a filmmaker, and that he did.
Tags: plan  nine  worst  films  ed  wood
Added: 8th August 2007
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Steve on 2007-08-08
LOL thing may have gotten higher tech with these movies but they pretty much are the same!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-08-09
I once rented this out of curiosity to see how bad it truly was. I was not disappointed.
Posted by: Old Fart on 2007-08-09
Were you disappointed at the movie or not surprised you were disappointed?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-08-09
I expected it to be bad beyond belief--and it was. Thus, I was not disappointed. Clear as mud?
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2007-08-14
A little Plan 9 trivia. This has to be the world's most awful movie. It is so bad that it has now become a cult classic. Bela Lugosi died during the filming and I think Martin Landau (from Mission Impossible) doubled for him, hence the cape pulled over his face all the time. I thougt it was bizarre that one of the aliens was a vampire from Spacelyvania????? Ed Wood made one more movie and it was called Glen or Glenda?, a movie about a guy who gets a sex change. I think (from what I've read) that the money backing the show came from some Christian organization who pulled the funding from Ed Wood the director. Can't blame them. Ed Wood will live in infamy as the worst director know to man (besides me-seen any of my vids?).
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2007-08-14
Naomi, I stand corrected on the Ed Wood. I wasn't sure if it was Martin Landau or not. I once had a halloween mask of Tor Johnson (the big goon looking guy on the trailer) and my buddies and I played a prank on some girls who were having a slumber party (when I was a teen) and they left the patio door blinds open and we hopped the fence. They had no idea we were there and they were watching TV and eating popcorn...and then they totally went ape when they saw me standing there at the window in that mask and a trench coat and they started screaming and running around all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off. We were stupid teens-we could have been shot now that I think back!
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2007-08-14
I forgot to mention that Namomi corrected me on who played Lugosi's part after his death and it was Ed Wood's dentist.
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2010-01-13
Martin Landau played the part of Bela Lugosi in the Johnny Depp movie of Ed Wood.