Groovy Barbie Tags: barbie
Added: 1st April 2008
Posted By: Teresa
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-01
That's gotta be a hot collectible!
Posted by: Steve on 2008-04-01
Did Barbie carry this in their line or where all the accessories handmade?
Posted by: sweets50 on 2008-04-02
The majority of barbie clothes are bought. My Barbies had a lot of store bought accessories ie..shoes purse's etc but the clothes my Mom always made them , She cold make me 3 or 4 outfits in a day no problem but the wedding dress's she made for me the neighborhood girls are too beautiful for words. There are a few still hanging around, like mine and my one of my childhood BFF. we still have the dresses and the details on these dress's still make us go Awww why can't we sew like this?? LOL LOL I guess Mom's always know best !!! And I say this hippie outfit was hand made for sure. Mattel would have never pushed that kind of dress style back then.. It was all about being dressy and stylish !!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-02
This is a 1971 Barbara Millicent Roberts her Ken etc.. did have Hippie outfits because it was dressy and stylish at the time,along with flowing gowns. Barbie wears or has anything that's popular at the time.You could also buy Simplicity hippie patterns for additional outfits.In 2002 Hippie Barbie clothing was reissued.My belief that it's a hot collectible is because her hand is fixed in a peace symbol.I liked those clothes because it showed individuality and said something about themselves.Today everyone follows,Tattoos,piercings,shaved heads etc.
Posted by: Teresa on 2008-04-02
GREAT information, Tommy!! THANKS!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-02
My other half's parents owned a tool and die making co. in N.J.They had accounts with Mattel,Marx,Hasbro,Remco you name it!As a child she would get 1st issued toys,including Barbie.They even built components for the Space Shuttle.She is an avid Porcelain doll collector now.The most collected item in the world. (DOLLS)