Remember Falstaff Beer Tags: Beer  Commercial
Added: 1st July 2007
Posted By: Old Fart
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-08-07
I remember Falstaff. It was a sponsor of the Game of the Week.
Posted by: IvoryJoeFezzewig on 2007-08-10
I remember another commercial for
Falstaff that I thoughthadareallycool
jingle...It ended with the cloassic line
'...we make beer for guys who like it,
really like it, man, it's Falstaff1 I
knew right then 'n there they weren't
selling Gatorade...or Hoppin' Gator!
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-15
Wonder what ever happened to this brand? Is it still on the market?
Posted by: Steve on 2007-08-15
No, sadly it was bought up and not brought back. A micro brewery started making Schaeffer again, I saw it the other day!
Posted by: Sprucemoose on 2008-02-12
The series of Falstaff commercials I remember were non-commercials, where they said the name of the beer, then said they knew we weren't going to watch the commercial anyway, so now it's time to go to the kitchen for a snack. Then the guy just sat there on a stool for the rest of the 60 seconds.
They also had a few ads that showed beer cans moving around somewhat like people, while a man and woman laughed hysterically. Probably based on the comedy record Delicious by Jim Backus
Posted by: ChowDog on 2008-11-08
First beer I ever tasted. I won't say how old I was at the time but a cousin let me sip his at an AW drive-in in 1968. After all these years I can still remember the taste and smell of it. I haven't found a beer since that even comes close to that. Speaking of beers that are long gone, anyone remember Carling Black Label or Country Club?
Posted by: Cliffy on 2008-11-09
Mmmmmm, Beer!
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2008-11-09
Hey Mabel, Black Label.
Posted by: beev50 on 2010-01-01
I drank Hamms beer we took out of the baseball stadium concession stand.I'm guessing around 1972.
Posted by: ba11game on 2013-05-03
When Harry Caray was fired by Cardinals owner Gussie Busch, who also owned the brewery that makes Budweiser, Harry appeared in an interview with a can of Falstaff in his hand.