Ontario Anti Smoking Poster When the Canadian province of Ontario was debating outlawing smoking in restaurants and bars, this was one of the posters it used. The argument was that wait staff, cooks, bartenders, and so on, deserve a smoke-free environment. It worked. Ontario has gone completely smoke-free in bars and restaurants.
Tags: anti-smoking  campaign
Added: 5th March 2008
Posted by: Cliffy on 2008-03-06
A lot of bars have closed in my area because of the no smoking law. Although I can see both sides of the issue I can't stand that the government has to dictate to the market place. If a bar wants to be smoking then don't go if you are a non smoker. Bartenders know they would be exposed to smoke, work elsewhere, its not like the hazards aren't known.

Cliffy gets off his soapbox.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-03-06
Yeah just destroy every vital organ in your body with alcohol,including your lungs?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-03-06
Good points by both Cliffy and Tommy. In the Ontario debate it was certainly pointed out that those who frequent bars aren't the most health-conscious people anyway. Nevertheless, in about 20 years we will all look back and be amazed that smoking was ever permitted in public places.

Coming soon to Ontario--a law that will prohibit someone from smoking in a car that is carrying passengers who are 16 years old and under. This ought to be a doozy to enforce.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-03-06
OMG listen to this one.They have a smoking area in front of a local hospital they closed.And you used to see nurses ,drs. puffing.Now across the street at least 100 ft. from the entrance the closest car is with 100 or so cars in the parking lot.They have a hospital guard that patrols the grounds.And you will be fined if caught smoking in your car with the windows CLOSED!!Private message me and I'll tell you the name of the place.
Posted by: Cathy on 2008-03-06
I don't smoke and never did, I'm glad its not allowed indoors----but I don't like the government telling us what to do. For such a free land we have some very restricting laws and plenty of them!!!!
Posted by: eric1957 on 2008-03-08
But did it make the food taste better.