1989 SI Swimsuit Cover Kathy Ireland I earlier posted the 1964 Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover. For purposes of comparison, check out my favorite SI cover girl, Kathy Ireland, from 1989. Doesn't she have beautiful eyes?
Tags: Kathy  Ireland  1989  SI  swimsuit
Added: 18th February 2008
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-02-19
If you want feedback about the eyes, better ask us females, as I know that most of the males here won't get above the shoulders.....

Yes, she has gorgeous eyes, she's always been a stunner.
Posted by: Cliffy on 2008-02-19
She has eyes?
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-02-19
I would have BET he was going to be the first one to say that LOL!!!!
Posted by: eric1957 on 2008-02-19
I've always liked the reaction after the swimsuit issue came out. It was split 50/50 between You warmed up the winter. The other side came with, Please cancel my subscription. I don't want my son exposed to that filth! Your magazine is destroying the morals of our country.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-02-19
Eric is absolutely correct. SI used to get so much flak about the swimsuit issue from outraged librarians, parents, and moralists that they now allow subscribers to opt out of the swimsuit issue.

And Naomi, I really do like Kathy Ireland's eyes. I eventually got around to looking at them. (Yellow bikinis really get my attention.)
Posted by: Classico on 2008-02-19
Ah, yes, she does have wondrous eyes as well as other accoutrements.

My own thought on SI's bathing suit issue is that whatever people want to see is up to them. SI has featured men in swim suits and pro athletes in their underwear with the profile of their crotches prominently displayed. Nobody has ever found that to be ibjectionable --- so what's the big deal about good looking girls in their bikinis?
Posted by: Classico on 2008-02-19
make that ''objectionable''

I guess Kathy's eyes have me hypnotized!

LOL!!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2013-03-18
Kathy Ireland will be 50 years old on March 20. Time flies.