Jack Benny Show  Lovebeat Its a Heartbeat Tags: Heartbeat,  It_s  A  Lovebeat  DiFranco  Family  Jack  Benny  Show
Added: 22nd July 2007
Posted By: Cliffy
Posted by: Freckles on 2007-07-22
He was hot back then but competing with all the family bands back there it was tough!
Posted by: Steve on 2007-07-23
Wow! Tony DeFranco is now a real estate agent in the Los Angeles area, where most of the family members reside.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-07-23
I remember him. He was on the cover of all those teeny magazines. All the girls in my class loved him. I believe his voice changed and his career came to a crashing end. Nice song, though. Catchy lyrics.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-07-23
What I don't remember is Jack Benny having a TV show in the 1970s. His long-running comedy show went off the air in 1965. (This must have been a special. I can't find any mention of a 1970s Jack Benny Show listed in Total Television, my trusty TV reference book.) I believe Jack Benny died in late 1974. RIP, Jack.
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-07-24
Wow Lava, once again you are right! Jack Benny had his Farewell Specials in 1973 and 1974. Three were scheduled for 1974 but he died before the last one. He died the day after Christmas 1974. Great memory!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-07-24
Thanks for the compliment, Cliffy. (It's alittle known fact that you were my favorite Cheers character!)
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-08-06
It's surprising that the DiFranco Family along with the Osmonds and Sylvers aren't heard on oldie stations.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-05
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-05
wow the only benny i remember was with rockchester i loved this song and thought it was a girl singing until my sis got tiger beat 16 mags he died at 39 several times benny
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-05
He had a great series in the 50's, his dead pan looks were priceless, along with the wonderful Eddie Rochester Anderson.