Joe Namath Pantyhose Commercial Tags: Joe  Namath  Pantyhose  Commercial  Classic  TV  Commercials
Added: 20th July 2007
Posted By: TheSaint
Posted by: Steve on 2007-07-20
Wow that was the most talked about commercial during the day!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-07-23
This disturbed me in the 1970s. It still disturbs me today. I'm a very conservative guy.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-08-18
Broadway Jow was the man.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-04
i still dont know what the broadway meant ?that he gave himself or the receivers lots of room i dont watch or follow conventional sports just play them
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-23
He was called Broadway Joe because he played in New York City (the home of Broadway--the city's theater district) and lived the high life associated with being a New York sports celebrity.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-07
I'll never forget when the New York Jets signed Broadway Joe Namath to the richest contract of the time $400K.

He was on the cover of Street Smiths annual Pro Football issue which I wish I still had!

Media was not what is is today and I absorbed every partical of information I could. Many conversative folks did not take to him. He was young, outgoing, confident and yes, he loved the ladies. In his book he used to say I can't wait until tomorrow because I get better looking every day which I adopted. He had a cannon for an arm and by more recent standards - he was like a Dan Marino only Namath was able to turn around a mediocre team into a Super Bowl champion team - upsetting the dominant Baltimore Colts. In fact, the Jets were 19 point underdogs and Namath still guaranteed victory! This upset the Colts but they could not do anything about it and the Jets went on to beat Baltimore and the crewcut Johnny Unitas/Earl Morrow combo at QB.

Joe Namath was responsible for the merger between the NFL and AFL. Ol' Broadway Joe was the man! I am proud to share the same birthday - May 31st!
Posted by: Music Maiden on 2014-03-26
Joe Willy is still cool in my books!