MAD Magazine Mad is an American humor magazine founded by editor Harvey Kurtzman and publisher William Gaines in 1952. It is the last surviving title from the notorious and critically acclaimed EC Comics line. Offering satire on all aspects of American life and pop culture, the monthly publication deflates stuffed shirts and pokes fun at common frailties.
Tags:
Added: 16th July 2007
Posted By: BKV
Posted by: Token on 2007-07-17
I loved MAD magazine. The fist thing I always looked at was the back page where you fold point a to meet point b, and see the new picture it created.
Then flipped through to find spy vs spy. I was lucky enough to have neighbors much older than me who had a big collection of them. Sergio Aragones was the cartoonist, and I loved his work.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-04
We must have grown up around the same time. This magazine was hysterical! And at times could have been rated R.
Posted by: IvoryJoeFezzewig on 2007-08-10
Al Jaffee and Sergio Aragones contributed
a lot of hilarious, delirious cartoons to
MAD overthepastseveral years but my all-
timepersonalfavoritecartoonist was...
...Mad's Maddest Artist, Don Martin!
...Jack Kirby and Alex Toth, so far as I know, never worked for Mad but I mention
them here because they were my all-time
favorite action-adventure cartoonists!
Posted by: Wikiriwhi on 2007-12-17
spy vs spy

under rated genius

and should have been exploited.

I also loved the little cartoons round the fringes of the pages
Posted by: Wikiriwhi on 2007-12-17
They say Alfred Neuman was inspired by David Letterman. I could see that if Letterman had of been big in the 50's
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-12-17
Letterman wasn't even born until 1947! Him being an inspiration for Alfred E would have been a good trick.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-12-18
My bible as a kid along with sick magazine.Many famous comics wrote for mad,one slips me now that everyone knows?
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-12-18
I even remember a song.sung to Oh My Darling Cementine.Oh my darling ,oh my darling,oh my darling iodine you dont taste good with a cookie ,but for boo-boo's you're just fine. dumb but I was probally 8
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-12-18
cracked also was sick chevy chase,jean shepperd even richard nixon had contributed.A politician saying he isn't a crook is quite humorous!