Bonnie and Clyde Death Car Newsreel footage of the bullet-ridden automobile in which gangsters Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were gunned down. The footage was taken only minutes after the shooting stopped.
Tags: Bonnie  Clyde  car
Added: 20th January 2008
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-01-21
When you watch the theatrical film based on their lives with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty...then you see this, it makes you realize once again that the real events didn't revolve around romance and excitement. I think Hollywood needs to stop glorifying these people just for the sake of selling a ticket.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2008-01-21
Indeed, they were ruthless outlaws. I remember watching an interview with the daughter of a police officer killed by the Barrow gang. She couldn't understand why some people considered Bonnie and Clyde to be heroes.
Posted by: donmac101 on 2008-01-21
I'm just glad I was brought up in a country where weapons and firearms are not so plentiful. I also agree that Hollywood likes to over emphasise villains as heroes. No Robin Hood here, even he was a crook, hence the name HOOD.
Posted by: Wikiriwhi on 2008-09-11
The reason they were glorified is because they were rare.

The times made them stand out.

This was also a time when lynching (legal murder) was acceptable.

It's all relative and America is now the most common place for school shootings.

Posted by: Lava1964 on 2010-09-04
You'll notice that the real Bonnie was wearing a dark dress when she was gunned down. In the movie, Bonnie is wearing a white dress. This was done so the blood stains would have greater dramatic effect.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2013-12-10
I watched the two-part made-for_TV movie about Bonnie and Clyde. I agree with what the critcs are saying: The period costumes were great, but the way their story was presented was inaccurate and not too compelling.