Remembering Those Groovy  70s Remember Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, Parker Stevenson, David Cassidy, John Travolta, Ryan O Neal, Roger Moore, Lee Majors, Jan Michael Vincent, Clint Eastwood, Richard Gere, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Dustin Hoffman, Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd, Kate Jackson, Dana Plato, Olivia Newton John, Melissa Gilbert, Carrie Fisher, Rex Smith, Elton John, England, John Ford Coley, Billy Joel, Donna Summers, Karen Carpenter, Diana Ross, Donnie & Marie Osmonds, Air Supply, Genesis, The Eagles, Aerosmith, Queen, Bee Gees, Led Zeppelin, Different Strokes, Starsky & Hutch, Chips, Wonder Woman, Grease, Rocky, Jaws, Dirty Harry, Superman, The Muppet Show, Tom & Jerry, Sesame Street and so many more..
Tags: remembering  those  groovy  70s
Added: 3rd January 2008
Posted By: Babs64
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-01-03
Seems like yesterday.I don't recall ANYONE ever saying groovy to me in either the 60's or 70's.And if I saw 5 mullet's in the 80's that's alot! WHERE were these people??
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-01-03
I have to throw this in. On a popeye cartoon 1940's they're dressed in Zoot Suits and I remember them constantly saying GROOVY,Olive Oyl,Bluto/Brutus,Popeye.It was the CAT'S PAJAMAS!
Posted by: Steve on 2008-01-03
Tommy, I saw a trailer for It's a Wonderful Life and they described the movie as Groovy. So I guess the term took a while to catch on!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-01-03
You're good Steve I do recall that!How I remember all this makes me wonder would I have been in the space program in the 70's instead.If I wasn't getting spaced out with my own program??
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-01-03
IN the 50's we used to say It was the 'Cat's Meow'!
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-01-03
Listen you guys, I don't know why they didn't say Groovy' where you lived, tommy, or why they used the term beginning back in the 40's, Steve, but evidently they did. In Miami during the late 60's and 70's it was a common term, so don't get me started.....
Posted by: Babs64 on 2008-01-03
Thanks Naomi, I couldn't have stated it better if I'd said it myself!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-01-03
OK ,calm down! Miami ok. I never claimed to be a linguist.Ya know what I'm saying? every time you finish a sentence Ya know what I'm saying? It's got to begin somewhere Ya know what I'm saying? In the north east just finding English speaking people is sometimes rare.So I have no teachers.So keep me in line you two.And my punctuation isn't good either,or my sentence structure, or my spelling.Did you get the PSA in Miami I dropped some acid last night ,and drew a self-portrait;groovy isn't it? If not, well theres my excuse.When traveling the country most don't know I'm from the NY/NJ area.Until I say ALL'S IT IS instead of all it is.They say where are you from? I say Jersey Exit 100. They say do live near a refinery? OK what about Mullets?
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-01-03
I always think I've lost my accent until I get around another New Yorker, then it comes out. In this area. which is in the middle of the Bible Belt, they just think of me as a bagel in a bucket of grits!

Jog my memory...what is the PSA?

Mullets, the only mullets I knew in the 60's were the ones my dad and I used for bait lol. I never heard that expression until the 80's down here.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-01-03
It was the 80's and they constantly bring it up on tv,back to the 80's shows and the like? as if every guy had that hairstyle back then (NOT) Now women with the shag I liked.Public Service Annoucement.Now I know why you guys were still saying GROOVY lol