The Beatles HEY JUDE This song, recorded by The Beatles in 1968, and originally titled 'Hey Jules', was written by McCartney to comfort John Lennon's son, Julian, during his parents' divorce. Julian discovered the song had been written for him almost twenty years later. He remembered being closer to McCartney than to his father: 'Paul and I used to hang about quite a bit more than Dad and I did. We had a great friendship going and there seems to be far more pictures of me and Paul playing together at that age than there are pictures of me and my dad.' Although McCartney originally wrote the song for Julian, John thought it had actually been written for him: 'I always heard it as a song to me. If you think about it... Yoko had just come into the picture. He's saying. 'Hey, Jude—Hey, John.' I know I'm sounding like one of those fans who reads things into it, but you can hear it as a song to me. Subconsciously, he was saying, 'Go ahead, leave me.' On a conscious level, he didn't want me to go ahead at all.'
Tags: the  beatles  hey  jude  paul  mccartney  john  lennon
Added: 16th December 2007
Posted By: Sophia
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2007-12-17
What a great Vid! Love the second part, I think I saw Old fart in there! Lol Awesome Sophia!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-12-20
It was the song of the year and I think the longest song played all the way through on the radio.Not so with Yes' rendition of Simon Garfunkels AMERICA counting the cars on the new jersey turnpike.
Posted by: Stalzz on 2007-12-23
From 1968, This is an extremely rare, late in their career as a group TV appearance. They gave up touring and performing live in 1966. They did 'Hey Jude' and 'Revolution' on The David Frost Show, which is where this is from. I don't think that they performed live as a group on TV after this. The 'Let It Be' filmed rooftop concert was most certainly their last public performance.
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-12-23
Yes, they did perform this on David Frost, in September of '68.
Posted by: Madhaxus on 2010-07-10
My son, Trey, grew up with the Beatles’ music playing in the background. When he was run over by a thief in a stolen car, his best friend from college placed my son’s favorite Beatles CD in the coffin with him, explaining that Trey had listened to the Beatles every Sunday morning while away at school. Said it made my son feel like he was back home for an hour or two, but that Trey liked ‘Hey Jude’ best.

I’ve been unable to bear hearing this song again until now. Maybe seeing them perform as they looked in 1968: young, handsome, and at the height of their powers allowed me to enjoy ‘ Hey Jude’ without also hearing it through my son’s ears. Thanks for posting it.

Posted by: Carl1957 on 2010-07-10
Madhaxus, I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2010-07-10
Madhaxus I echo Carl's sentiment, very sorry for your loss!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2010-07-10
Life can be horribly unfair. My condolences too, Madhaxus.
Posted by: Fishkettlebanana on 2010-10-11
its a cool song, your son had great taste