Troll . . .and, i was just saying that i 'didn't get' the fascination with Cabbage Patch Dolls!! but i loved these! "Troll dolls, originally known as Leprocauns and also known as Dam dolls, Wishniks, Treasure Trolls, and Norfins, became one of America's biggest toy fads beginning in the autumn of 1963, and lasting throughout 1965. With their brightly colored hair and cute faces, they were featured in both Life Magazine and Time Magazine in articles which commented on the "good luck" they would bring to their owners."
Tags: toys  troll  doll
Added: 10th July 2007
Posted By: Teresa
Posted by: Steve on 2007-07-11
I don't remember the early 60s craze but it did come back when I was in Jr. High in the early 70s. I had one or two of them.

Then they made another comeback in the early 90s and I bought at least a couple of dozen. My son inherited them until he out grew them and then my daughter. I have them back again!
Posted by: Bamber on 2007-07-11
I don't remember them, but in the late '60s and early '70s gonks were big in the UK. They were just a ball of fluff with eyes, but very popular.
Posted by: Konifur on 2007-07-11
i remember my sister having a collection of these ugly little buggers.she also had gonks.
Posted by: Token on 2007-07-12
I had around 15 of them. They had lucky horseshoes on the bottom of the feet. Some came out of gumball machines, others were gifts.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-05
I never had one of these, although I remember how popular they were.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-08-16
The Troll dolls looked like comedian Marty Allen.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-08-16
You know, they kinda do!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-03
catholic school allowed the girls to put them on their desks but wouldnt allow me during fun DAY?to play aquarius#1 song of the year beatles,blood sweattears all the best that was out hippie music sent to barbers 2x across the st because my hair touched my ears god forbid!!!those suckers paid for the cuts i truley believe he shaved the nuns hair at the convent across the st he had the same pictures on the wall floyd had on mayberry nothing like sadistic,virgin,lesbian nuns teaching me how to live i wish i was an alter boy id be rich with a hush hush settlement i knew it wasnt KOSHER the whole scenerio 2 nuns loved me both left the sisterhood and married NORMALITY i was put in a slow class because i was a rebel until SRA showed i had a college reading comprehension in 5th grade!
Posted by: beev50 on 2010-01-01
those have been around for a long time there is one on our tv set right now.