15 seconds of fame  MY Wheel Of Fortune Tryout I'm the guy in the hot pink shirt (for attention) in the first two clips that I strung together. I'm asking for an 'R'. I said "In spirit of pirate week I'd like an 'R'!!I tried out in June but never made the first round. I know the written test did me in, it was really tough. So now you know how I really look, but but hair is slightly longer, I get a crew cut in the summers.
Tags: Wheel  Of  Fortune  Tryout
Added: 25th November 2007
Posted By: Steve
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-11-25
This is great Steve!! And so photogenic! I know we're going to see you as a contestant one of these days, just keep thinking positive!
Posted by: Steve on 2007-11-25
I'll try it again but it is tough, like the video says thousands tryout for a couple dozen slots.

Wasn't it one of our members Tommy7 who made it through 3 tryout rounds for Who Wants To Be A Millionareand didn't make it, that would really upset me!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-26
Good for you, Steve. I was on a Canadian game show called Test The Nation back in March. There were 216 contestants competing at the same time, so I didn't get a lot of individual attention. I didn't win but I didn't embarrass myself either.
Posted by: Steve on 2007-11-26
You know I was thinking of you Lava when posting this clip. At least here in the US they show the National Spelling Bee ABC, and NBC is now trying World's Best Choir TV show. Why can't they at least show Scrabble Championships?
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-11-26
Wow, I'm so proud of you!! Can't wait to see you on network tv!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-26
Actually, Steve in 2004, 2005 and 2006 ESPN did broadcast the final of the U.S. Open Scrabble Championship. Despite achieving decent TV ratings for such a special-interest event, ESPN did not renew its option after 2006.
Posted by: Steve on 2007-11-26
I can see poker, even cheerleading, but I can't put Scrabble and sports/ESPN together !?!
Posted by: Babs64 on 2007-11-26
Good going Steve!

Scrabble as part of ESPN? Brains and brawn..
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-11-26
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aRRRRRRRRR!!!!! LOL!!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2007-11-26
Thats so cool Steve Like Teresa said RR RR Lol Great clip By the way Great Site!!! RRR Awesome Love it!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-12
Steve! Finally I seen this,Did I give you the advice in enough time for this tryout? To stand out, be yourself.You probally had the same problem as I did looking NORMAL? You're profiled in MILLIONAIRE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND WHATSOEVER!!I was suspicious the 1st time for numerous reasons.(I think out of the box and, noticed procedures that had no purpose except to see what type of person the wanted on the show to get more viewers)They want ratings to pay for sponsors(showbiz)So if you fit the profile of people that most watch that show that's a plus!A woman,minority,unusual looking,easily excited but not phony.They have people while you're taking the test and interview reading your body language,and reading between the lines into every response you give etc...And on the application you must have an interesting story about yourself.Millionaire is more based on that criteria, then your skill in trivia.I went 5X and each test session was different.The last time you sat in the studio audience and could actually have friends sitting on both sides of you and cheat by peeking etc... That clinched it! I bought my sig. other for the movie/tv tryout. A movie/tv triv wiz.A female again, very normal looking.Out of 30 questions,2/3 only triv wizs would know.We both got 28 of 30 correct! AND I ALSO got 28 of 30 correct on the other 4 test's I took alone.If I had made it to the personal interview stage.My life story was very unusual, And my personality is funny and unique.They shouldn't judge a book by it's cover! lol THAT'S SHOW BIZ! And I used to get angry screaming at the TV.Thinking how could you ever of passed the written test,when these questions are not nearly as difficult??? Now I know!I'm not quitting though because afer the test and show We do things in NYC.So it's all GOOD!
Posted by: Steve on 2008-04-12
No Tommy too late for the advice but I really did lousy on the written test, it was hard; many blanks not much filled in to figure out. Many there said the test was tough. I put plenty of personality but I think it came down to the written test. Heck I was the only one with a Sony Card which they advertise the heck out of on the show, WOF is owned by Sony.

I'll try in another couple of years, I'll work more puzzles. Amazing how I solve them in the living room with no problem!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2008-04-12
Millionaire is a Mickey Mouse Operation!It's owned by Disney.lol My friends mom tried for the old concentration game in NYC and a client I had tried wheel when it came to NYC for tryouts in the 80's.Both of these women kicked butt at home.Funny story: My 10 year old cousin would watch wheel at night in front of us adults.1,2,3 etc... letters were only given.He would know the answer! We all said if only you were old enough to get on.The same show ran earlier that day.lol So a couple of times myself. I played the same trick on adults because Jeopardy aired the same show earlier that day also.I put Ken Jennings to shame!lol