Remembering John Fitzgerald Kennedy I was going to post a clip of the day of the assassination, but I thought it would be more fitting to show moments from his life. How sad that the anniversary of his death should fall on such a festive day.
Tags: president  john  f  kennedy  memorial
Added: 22nd November 2007
Posted By: Babs64
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-22
Nice montage. I've probably seen the photos and films of the assassination and funeral 100 times. It's still tough to take--and I wasn't even born yet. Does anyone accept the Warren Commission's findings?
Posted by: Babs64 on 2007-11-22
As for me, no, I don't accept their findings as being correct, I feel that the only thing the Warren Commission accomplished was covering up the truth.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-22
I was hopeful that once Gerald Ford died there would be a renewed interest in truly getting to the bottom of the JFK assassination. (Ford was the last surviving member of the Warren Commission.) It hasn't happened.
Posted by: Freckles on 2007-11-22
I remember mom crying while watching tv during the day and I knew it wasn't a soap opera. I also remember the funeral and seeing John Jr. saluting dad. I was 4 at the time.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-22
My mother was seven months pregnant with me when JFK was killed. She thought it would turn out to be the first act of World War III.
Posted by: Waynejr on 2007-11-22
I was 14 when John Kennedy was shot in Dallas. After his death I believe we were no more like we had been before.Things have not been the same since his death.Innocense lost I believe. The best President I ever served under was Regan.He sent us into some hot spots around the world but if we were ever fired on,he had already given us the ok to defend ourselves.I also do not believe what the Warren Commission came up with eiter. Guess we will never know...
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-11-22
To high school students in the early 60's JFK was our hero. We put his portrait up on our walls and so many of us shared a deep respect and admiration for him. He gave us hope that the world could be a better place. When he died, so many of our dreams and hopes died with him. Waynejr is correct, nothing has been the same since.
Posted by: Wikiriwhi on 2007-12-19
Probably the last truly democratic leader the west has known.

He was truly a threat and barrier to the men who lead the US today.

Major history: George Bush snr was the director of the C I A when JFK was assassinated.
Posted by: tkp353 on 2010-06-25
I was six in 1963, and remember 11/22 like it was yesterday. No one in the streets...all watching TV and grieving. The whole country just shut down for four days. America was never the same after that. It was the beginning of the turbulent 60's that shaped music, art, dress, culture, etc. I was so imacted, even at such a young age, that I became almost obsessed with the events surrounding 11/22. I would bet I was the only seven year old that read Death of a President and the Warren report, once it was made public. JFK was truly one of the last of our great leaders.