Mott the Hoople i LOVED all the young dudes!! did you listen to Mott the Hoople and YOU BETTER KNOW that David Bowie was a huge fan of theirs and wrote this song!! LOL
Tags: music  mott  the  hoople  david  bowie
Added: 8th July 2007
Posted By: Teresa
Posted by: Steve on 2007-07-08
I still have that CD!
Posted by: Freckles on 2007-07-08
Good one Teresa, forgot all about them!
Posted by: Roxie on 2007-08-11
what a flashback! i loved that album . .my parents played it all the time!
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-04
that answers my previous ? why its on a 3 yr old bowies greatest hit cd i own thanx!
Posted by: sweets50 on 2008-08-22
Mott the Hoople are one of the great rock roll bands. Though Mott scored a number of album rock hits in the early '70s, the band never quite broke through into the mainstream. Nevertheless, their fusion of heavy metal, glam rock, and Bob Dylan's sneering hipster cynicism provided the groundwork for many British punk bands, most notably the Clash. At the center of Mott the Hoople was lead vocalist/pianist Ian Hunter, a late addition to the band who developed into its focal point as his songwriting grew. Hunter was able to subvert rock roll conventions with his lyrics, and the band -- led by guitarist Mick Ralphs -- had a tough, muscular sound that kept the group firmly in hard rock territory, even when flirting with homosexual imagery and glammy makeup. However, their lack of success meant that they inevitably splintered apart in the '70s, with Ralphs forming Bad Company and Hunter launching a cult solo career. I know a lot of people never really liked mott but I did,
They and Uriah Heap 10CC were some of my favorite bands,,,

Thanks Teresa : )

Posted by: Kbug on 2008-08-23
I love love LOVE that song! David Bowie, yes please.