Green Stamps Green Stamps? i recall that u could get a bi-plane for a TON of stamps . .never thought that was such a great idea!
Tags: S  and  H  Green  Stamps
Added: 6th November 2007
Posted By: Teresa
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-11-06
These were so cool, we used to get all kinds of goodies, and a few cents tax per each book, of course. Besides the S and H, there were the Merchants Green Stamps from Food Fair and then there were also some yellow stamps, I think they were from the AP? We got a steam iron, more than one set of TV tables, transistor radios, dinnerware, and one of those old fashioned hair dryers with the cap that attached to a tube that blew hot air into it.
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-11-06
was the hair dryer pink? got one too . . and like u, we got TONS of stuff from green stamps . .and the stamps would get sooo crooked . . . and some of the pages would start to come out . . but as long as they were all there, they counted. I got a guitar too!! And, yes . .i believe the yellow ones were from AP!
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-11-06
As a matter of fact I think it was pink, of course back then..for girls... how gender perfect lol Yeah, after you filled the first 10 books, you usually just stuck them in anyway they would go...and then you'd have all these rubberbands holding them together when you went to the redemption center! Remember having to take a number in the waiting line? Mom always had a number like 98, when they were helping number 40! LOL
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-11-06
i think we still have this big green leaf (art deco thingy) on one of the tables at my Mom's, that we got in one of those centers . . we usually put pine cones in it at Christmas . . we had an over-flow of green stamps . . not enough to get what we wanted, so we got that . .today i'm sure some people would love to find something like that in such mint condition!
Posted by: Freckles on 2007-11-06
LOL I was thinking of posting something similar the other day Teresa!

I remember my parents collecting these, but I don't remember anything specific they got!
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-11-08
I remember SH Green Stamps along with Plaid Stamps, Gold Bond and others you got when you bought stamps at the gas station. When my grandmother died we were cleaning out her house and my sister found three books of trading stamps.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-12-21
I had posted I had seen a store a few yrs. ago.Looked it up and I did!