Welcome Guest! YouRememberThat.com is 100% FREE & fast to join! Upload, comment, create your own profile and more!

Check our brand new site TheRetroSite , although YouRememberThat will remain for quite some time we expect this new site to be our new home. Click over and create your account on the new mobile friendly and flexible site today!
Can You Identify This Object I wonder how many people know what this object is. Hints: It's connected with sports, but these items haven't been used much since the early 1980s. Do you know what it is?
Tags: what  is  it 
Added: 10th March 2015
Views: 1465
Posted By: Lava1964
Posted by: Steve on 2015-03-10 
I do I do I do! But I won't answer it so early.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2015-03-10 
I've still got a couple--and they are still doing what they were designed to do.

I doubt that very few people under the age of 30 will know what this thingamajig is.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2015-03-10 
A 31-year-old friend of mine knew what it was but didn't get its name quite correct. He admitted he had to think about it for a while before its purpose came to him.
Posted by: Old Fart on 2015-03-10 
There's a specific name for it?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2015-03-10 
Yes, there is a specific name for this gadget.
Posted by: Music Maiden on 2015-03-11 
Is it a tennis racket straightener thingie?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2015-03-11 
Judith (from Facebook) got the name right: It's called a tennis racket press. If you look at old photos of players entering the court at Wimbledon, some of them had their rackets protected with these presses.

In the days of wooden rackets, they could warp if they became too dry or if they were exposed to moisture. (I kept my rackets in these gizmos between matches. Honestly, I don't think I ever saw a warped tennis racket--but I wasn't going to take a chance!)

When metal and graphite rackets became the norm, tennis racket presses went the way of silent movies.
Add A Comment
Sorry, guests can't post comments!