clackers You would put your finger in the ring allowing the marble balls to hang below. Here is where the fun starts. The idea was to get the two balls clacking against each other by pulling up on the ring lightly. a lot of kids in the 70`s ended up in hospital with broken wrists.they where eventually banned. hehehe, health and safety was a lot different back then.
Tags:
Added: 5th July 2007
Posted By: konifur
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-07-05
not only that, the balls exploded . .(yes, steve. . i COULD have worded it differently) lol . . my sister and i 'snuck' around and bought some, dad caught us using them, and THAT WAS THAT!. . they were GONE! they remind me of nunchucks!
Posted by: Steve on 2007-07-05
LOL shattered would be a better word which is what the would do. They were a pretty dangerous toy with kids getting whacked by them and the shattering.

Those were popular when I was in Jr. High, they allowed us to bring them in to school as well as yo-yos. They shouldn't have allowed any toys.

Anywho, I remember busting my knuckles plenty of times trying to get those to work.
Posted by: Token on 2007-07-07
I had my share of black and blue marks from them, but I got pretty good at it!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-07-24
Somewhere around the house I still have a set of clackers. If memory serves me correctly, the ones that had a reputation of shattering were a translucent color. Those were quickly banned here in Canada, but others made of a more solid plastic were permitted. My set was orange. Indeed, clackers could give you quite a painful jolt if your fingers got in the way.
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-09-05
they were competing with sneakers hanging from telephone lines in my neighborhood
Posted by: Maxietherat on 2008-06-09
I still have my clackers and they are blue
Posted by: beev50 on 2010-01-01
I tried to be creative with those things got hit in the noggin a few times.