Apples Way intro Does anyone besides me even remember this show? It was supposed to be a modern version of The Waltons (which was also created by Earl Hamner). I do remember that Apple's Way was the butt of some comedians' jokes for being way too unrealistically wholesome.
Tags: Apples  Way
Added: 3rd October 2007
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-10-03
The heck with them, just watching the intro gives you a good feeling. I vaguely remember it. This is what Earl Hamner's work was all about, he wrote about his life, the kind of life that probably none of us will ever be able to capture again.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-10-04
Kristy McNichol played one of the daughters in this short-lived show.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-10-04
Vince Van Patten was on the show as well and became a instant teen idol.
Posted by: Stalzz on 2007-12-24
Some great character actors in this one, for sure. When I got to meet actor Ronny Cox and hear he and his band play, It was one of the biggest thrills of my life. He's a wonderful musician!
Posted by: Stalzz on 2007-12-24
Oh,.... and yes, I remember this show. It was only on for one 24 episode season. I looked it up on IMDB.com. I was ten years old in 1974...dang, i'm old!
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-12-24
Stalzz, may I compliment you on your taste in avatars! A handsome guy like Bob Mitchum is always a pleasure to see.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-12-24
Oh, no! I also was 10 years old in 1974! I guess I'm old too!
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-12-24
well I was 25 in 1974, and I still don't feel old!
Posted by: Mr.Nostalgia on 2008-11-23

I remember Apple's Way..it was on sunday

nights on CBS TV.

It was Mr.Hamner's attemp to do a mondern

day version of The Walton's.

Despite the talents of Ms.Mcain,Ms.McNicol,

Mr.Van Patten,Mr.Olsen and Mr.Atterbury.

And the writtings of Mr.Hamner..the show

was a flop and it was cancelled in the midst of

it's second season.
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2010-06-24
I was 17 when this came out. I enjoyed it. I have to laugh though...did you notice the PG rating notices in the upper left hand corner? PG?????
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2010-06-24
I think PG ratings are given to any show that has even the slightest bit of 'adult' conflict or content. It doesn't have to be violent or sexual. It can be anything that might not be perceived as warm and fuzzy. I think some classic Disney movies, like Old Yeller, might now be rated PG.